• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage XBE motor mount options?

Tank62

Well thanks for all your help, but I gave up on the motor mount for Castel 2028 and I just dropped in a Traxxas XO-1 motor with a hobbywing X run5, now life is good and it runs like a bat out of hell.

MSLR

Well thanks for all your help, but I gave up on the motor mount for Castel 2028 and I just dropped in a Traxxas XO-1 motor with a hobbywing X run5, now life is good and it runs like a bat out of hell.

How are you finding the temps running the Traxxas XO-1 motor. Was thinking of running one of these in the XBE.

Tank62

How are you finding the temps running the Traxxas XO-1 motor. Was thinking of running one of these in the XBE.
No the Temps are fine even running on a 8s, I changed out the ESC also with a hobbywing Max Run 6, 200amp. It runs like a bat out of hell.

MSLR

No the Temps are fine even running on a 8s, I changed out the ESC also with a hobbywing Max Run 6, 200amp. It runs like a bat out of hell.
Thanks for the information. Are you running the standard gearing set up ? . Yeah the hobbywing Max 6 is a good ESC

Don b.

What I did was cut the old motor mount off and welded a 10mm alloy plate and driiled and slotted to accommodate the sky toro beast 910kv motor. Its a tight fit with the can being pretty close to the centre drive shalf . I am running the hobbywing Max 5 ESC and only running 8s. Yeah its probably to much power but its sure is fun.
How much would you charge

MSLR

How much would you charge
Hi Don b. To be honest it would be easier to copy the photo and either make it yourself or find someone to make it for you as I am in
New Zealand and wouldn't be worth it. I am sure there are plenty of members here on the fourm would be able to help. If you have any more questions just fire away
Cheers :)

JPark

I had received an order of a motor mount two weeks ago from 7075rc. I also got the leopard 5692 cam. I have a leopard 5892 1000kv motor and the leopard max5 esc. Motor and esc came from RC juice. I haven't had a chance to install it yet due to the fact of I want a new chassis from 7075rc. I can't wait to get one made and put everything together. Hopefully they will be in stock soon.

Rfdpa1

I had received an order of a motor mount two weeks ago from 7075rc. I also got the leopard 5692 cam. I have a leopard 5892 1000kv motor and the leopard max5 esc. Motor and esc came from RC juice. I haven't had a chance to install it yet due to the fact of I want a new chassis from 7075rc. I can't wait to get one made and put everything together. Hopefully they will be in stock soon.
This is the most recent post i could find with information relating to my questuion,so the 5892 leopard will fit the 5692 cam? I figuered it would but cant hurt to ask and is there enough room for the 5898 can?

JPark

Yes the leopard 5892 will fit the motor mount and cam with no problem and I'm still using the stock chassis. I just had to take off 2.42mm under where the motor sits. I work at Cummins engine in maintenance so I have access to lathes, drills, CNC machines etc. The reason for taking off 2.42mm on the chassis where the motor sits is because I'm running a taller pinion gear. So when I rotated the cam to the big size that is towards the spur, it pushes the motor downward making it hang about 2mm below the motor mount. I simply mounted the motor to the 7075rc motor mount/cam and bolted it to a new chassis I had just bought. Then I trace out where the motor sat on the chassis and used an end mill bit on a radius dill to take off the millimeters I need for a good fit. The stock chassis is 4mm thick so that small amount taking off shouldn't hurt it.

Rfdpa1

Yes the leopard 5892 will fit the motor mount and cam with no problem and I'm still using the stock chassis. I just had to take off 2.42mm under where the motor sits. I work at Cummins engine in maintenance so I have access to lathes, drills, CNC machines etc. The reason for taking off 2.42mm on the chassis where the motor sits is because I'm running a taller pinion gear. So when I rotated the cam to the big size that is towards the spur, it pushes the motor downward making it hang about 2mm below the motor mount. I simply mounted the motor to the 7075rc motor mount/cam and bolted it to a new chassis I had just bought. Then I trace out where the motor sat on the chassis and used an end mill bit on a radius dill to take off the millimeters I need for a good fit. The stock chassis is 4mm thick so that small amount taking off shouldn't hurt it.
Thanks for the quick reply,i found alot of great info here so far, i just ordered the mount and cam and 48 spur from 7075 I'm gonna keep checking back there for the pinions and i want a set of those wheel adapters, i didn't get a motor yet, i do have a 1717 but i want to do something bigger might just go 5692 but i really like the machined can on the 58s do you think the length of the 5898 motor will fit the chassis not sure how tight the squeeze is

JPark

Yeah I have found a lot of useful info on here as well. I also got the 48 spur and 44 spur, I also got the 16 pinion, all came from 7075rc. Metal pinion won't work with 7075rc spurs, it won't hold up. You would have to get his pinions for those spurs. I'm not sure if the 5898 will fit. It's 6mm longer and I think it would be up against the steering configuration. The 5692 will fit with no modification done to the chassis. The 1717 is good as well. I have seen some videos on YouTube of xbe's with that motor and it seen to be pretty fast on 8s. But it just depends on which direction you want to go. I just choose the leopard 1000KV 5892 because of its durability and can handle 40 volts. I have two 4s lipo batteries that is 15.2 volts each making a total of 30.4 volts. Plus I have the leopard esc with is the same as a hobby wing max 5. I wanted torque vs speed in a KV motor so I can run a taller pinion gear. I do some bashing with friends and they have losi dbxl and FG buggies. And the rampage xbe is hurting their feelings.....lol. They can't believe a redcat is faster then their losi... But when you look at the obvious, the xbe weight much less then dbxl and FG buggies. A light weight 5th scale with 8th scale like qualification with a monster of a motor plus 8s, is a serious competitor.

Last edited:

Rfdpa1

Yeah I have found a lot of useful info on here as well. I also got the 48 spur and 44 spur, I also got the 16 pinion, all came from 7075rc. Metal pinion won't work with 7075rc spurs, it won't hold up. You would have to get his pinions for those spurs. I'm not sure if the 5898 will fit. It's 6mm longer and I think it would be up against the steering configuration. The 5692 will fit with no modification done to the chassis. The 1717 is good as well. I have seen some videos on YouTube of xbe's with that motor and it seen to be pretty fast on 8s. But it just depends on which direction you want to go. I just choose the leopard 1000KV 5892 because of its durability and can handle 40 volts. I have two 4s lipo batteries that is 15.2 volts each making a total of 30.4 volts. Plus I have the leopard esc with is the same as a hobby wing max 5. I wanted torque vs speed in a KV motor so I can run a taller pinion gear. I do some bashing with friends and they have losi dbxl and FG buggies. And the rampage xbe is hurting their feelings.....lol. They can't believe a redcat is faster then their losi... But when you look at the obvious, the xbe weight much less then dbxl and FG buggies. A light weight 5th scale with 8th scale like qualification with a monster of a motor plus 8s, is a serious competitor.
I planned to go torque over speed also,i always over build so im not pushing my electronics to the max, i have a max6 i run with the 1717 and i have a max 5 i wanna use in the xbe, i know its gonna be a beast i just hope 7075 makes some more pinions and wheel adapters there was no option to add them to my cart only my wishlist id imagine because they are out of stock thats all ill need to finish this thing up hopfully by time the weather breaks up here in northern pa

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.