Rampage XBE motor mount options?

gavsta72

Ol' fart came through for this Canuck. Awesome motor mount. Had to move the centre diff 4mm back to fit in the massive Leopard 58110 motor. Juuuuust fits now. This thing honks. Test run showed 103kms/hr. Unfortunately blew out the rear tire foam on the third pass...lol...Gotta get some more of those, just in case. Motor and xlx both run at a decent temp. Was running 16t with stock 41t. just ordered an 18T to see what this puppy will do.
What kv motor are you running?

colafiend2003

I'm thinking of an 800kv for more efficiency, what's the biggest pinion you could fit with the stock spur do you think, 20T maybe??
I have a 16T with stock spur. Looks like to fit a larger pinion, the mount needs to be shimmed up off the base plate to allow the motor to rotate away from the spur

gavsta72

I have a 16T with stock spur. Looks like to fit a larger pinion, the mount needs to be shimmed up off the base plate to allow the motor to rotate away from the spur
Ok thanks for that. I might go with the 7075rc spur and pinion options for a better choice of gearing

gavsta72

Question for those running the 7075rc delrin spur/alloy pinions...
How are they holding up with the big Leopard motors?

I'm doing a new build, this time with a TP5660 850kv on 8S and I'm a bit hesitant to run anything but steel gears in 1/5 off road

gavsta72

New year, new build :)

I've got these electrics ready and waiting for when the motor and servo mounts i bought from ol' fart arrive. I'll be getting the servo saver and front and rear bearing carriers this time also.

- Hobbywing Max6
- TP 5660 848kv
- Hitec 5765

Attachments

gavsta72

I've never used one of them before. My other 1/5's are Losi's which are much heavier. So I'll see how it holds up

5iveB (brushless)- 2x Savox 0236mg
DBXLe - Hitec D845

gavsta72

Alright this bad boy is ready to go, once the loctite dries

Thanks again Ol' fart, much appreciated ;)

First off I polished the hubs using a tube of cheap metal polish and they turned out great

gavsta72

Now to the nitty gritty

TP 5660 850kv
HW Max6
Hitec 5765
7075rc Servo mount, motor mount, 44T spur, 15T pinion (and a 16T) front/rear hubs
2x NXE 7400mah 4S HV lipos. Awesome batteries and cheap(ish)

I'm running 2x front chassis braces and Baja 5b rear wheels all round, on 8S HV lipos. There's quite a bit less flex in the front so that mod payed off :)

Just need to fix up the wiring and install the yellow beadlocks

The DBXLe is getting a TP 5670 720kv so it will be a weapon also as I can gear it right up

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts