• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage XBE motor mount options?

gavsta72

Ol' fart came through for this Canuck. Awesome motor mount. Had to move the centre diff 4mm back to fit in the massive Leopard 58110 motor. Juuuuust fits now. This thing honks. Test run showed 103kms/hr. Unfortunately blew out the rear tire foam on the third pass...lol...Gotta get some more of those, just in case. Motor and xlx both run at a decent temp. Was running 16t with stock 41t. just ordered an 18T to see what this puppy will do.

What kv motor are you running?

colafiend2003

I'm thinking of an 800kv for more efficiency, what's the biggest pinion you could fit with the stock spur do you think, 20T maybe??
I have a 16T with stock spur. Looks like to fit a larger pinion, the mount needs to be shimmed up off the base plate to allow the motor to rotate away from the spur

gavsta72

Question for those running the 7075rc delrin spur/alloy pinions...
How are they holding up with the big Leopard motors?

I'm doing a new build, this time with a TP5660 850kv on 8S and I'm a bit hesitant to run anything but steel gears in 1/5 off road

gavsta72

New year, new build :)

I've got these electrics ready and waiting for when the motor and servo mounts i bought from ol' fart arrive. I'll be getting the servo saver and front and rear bearing carriers this time also.

- Hobbywing Max6
- TP 5660 848kv
- Hitec 5765

Attachments

• 2019-06-27 13.50.57.jpg
    2019-06-27 13.50.57.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 16

gavsta72

I've never used one of them before. My other 1/5's are Losi's which are much heavier. So I'll see how it holds up

5iveB (brushless)- 2x Savox 0236mg
DBXLe - Hitec D845

gavsta72

Alright this bad boy is ready to go, once the loctite dries

Thanks again Ol' fart, much appreciated ;)

First off I polished the hubs using a tube of cheap metal polish and they turned out great

gavsta72

Now to the nitty gritty

TP 5660 850kv
HW Max6
Hitec 5765
7075rc Servo mount, motor mount, 44T spur, 15T pinion (and a 16T) front/rear hubs
2x NXE 7400mah 4S HV lipos. Awesome batteries and cheap(ish)

I'm running 2x front chassis braces and Baja 5b rear wheels all round, on 8S HV lipos. There's quite a bit less flex in the front so that mod payed off :)

Just need to fix up the wiring and install the yellow beadlocks

The DBXLe is getting a TP 5670 720kv so it will be a weapon also as I can gear it right up

Gequan Freeman

Ok I went ahead and bought a "build your own" TP4060, 990kv, 8mm shaft from TP USA. I also got the Losi 11 and 12T 8mm bore pinions. This the cheaper and far better option in my opinion. No need for 7075rc motor mount and a big heavy Leo 56 or 58 can motor, the TP has 6200watt of power compared to a Leo 5898 at only 5500watt anyway (y) Plus 121amp draw on 8S which the HW Max6 won't break a sweat with, even running the Baja 5B fronts all round....it's a winner for sure.

I'll post back my findings once I get the motor

Here's a pic in it's current state. I certainly recommend the Redcat alloy shock towers, much beefier than the stock rubbish

View attachment 14310
What mount are you using on the motor? Is it the stock one??

Cobalt172

Question for those running the 7075rc delrin spur/alloy pinions...
How are they holding up with the big Leopard motors?

I'm doing a new build, this time with a TP5660 850kv on 8S and I'm a bit hesitant to run anything but steel gears in 1/5 off road

I use the Delrin spurs on my XBE with the 7075 motor mount. I have a leopard 1100kv 5898. I run 14t pinion and the 48 tooth Delrin spur.

At the end of the day, the Delrin spur is NOT steal, nor is it as strong, HOWEVER I am impressed with the durability.

1.) I did blow off all the teeth when I had the XB-E Max5 esc on max punch and GUNNED the throttle in grass and it ate those delrin teeth for breakfast.

-So I lowered the punch setting and got another Delrin

2.) Then a rock got under the body and wedged itself into the pinion and spur and damaged the teeth. (this one is still usable however)

I recommend that if you use Delrin spur, keep punch level low (these motors are almost too powerful anyway, don't need to spin hexes in wheels) ALSO to prevent rocks getting into the spur, I put a mesh screen around the pinion and motor mount to stop rocks from getting in. Although rare, a rock WILL destroy the delrin spur no probblem.

fm3redcat

delrin spur didn't last for me broke off one tooth after jumping a curb....ended up getting a steel pinion and stock spur gear

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.