• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage XBE motor mount options?

Rfdpa1

Sweet,great ideal,looks good im glad you mentioned that i would really like to do a 5892 but i don't have any way to machine that out i was gonna start with a 12 Or 14t pinion but im gonna be running basically the same setup so the 16 is prob the way to go if i can evwr get an aluminum one its just somthing else to think about,when you get your 7075 chassis and if you don't need that one id take it off your hands

JPark

You can still do the 5892 with no problem. The only issue would be is pinion gear size. You can run the stock 41 spur with a 13T pinion or the 7075rc 48 spur with a 10T or 11T pinion. So ok lets do some calculation...... Stock setup is 10T or 11T pinion with 41 spur. I have seen some videos on YouTube of XBE doing 80 to 85 mph with the stock 41 spur and a 15T or 16T pinion. So to get about the same speed with about the same equivalent gear ratio. You can run 7075rc 48 spur with a 10T pinion. Now compare it to stock gears is like a 41 spur and a 17T pinion. If you go with 7075rc 44 spur, you can run a 14T pinion. Now compare it to stock gears is like a 41 spur and a 17T pinion. I just took off some millimeters on my chassis just to be able to run a taller pinion with the stock 41 spur. I'm running a 22 pinion and it's to much. The leopard 1000kv motor can handle it but I need a very large straightaway just to top it out. Which I haven't found one yet unless I go to a drag strip.....lol. But If you just want to have crazy torque with some good speed with no modification done to the chassis, I would say go with the leopard 5892 with 7075rc 48 spur and 7075rc 10T or 11T pinion or 7075rc 44 spur and 7075rc 12T or 13T pinion or stock 41 spur and a 13T pinion. You will enjoy it...... Oh yeah by the way, If I do get a 7075rc chassis made, I will give you my old chassis for sure.

JPark

HobbyStar 5692 4-Pole Brushless Sensorless Motor, 1/5 Scale is a good motor for bashing from what I was told and it will be no problems at all to install.

Rfdpa1

You can still do the 5892 with no problem. The only issue would be is pinion gear size. You can run the stock 41 spur with a 13T pinion or the 7075rc 48 spur with a 10T or 11T pinion. So ok lets do some calculation...... Stock setup is 10T or 11T pinion with 41 spur. I have seen some videos on YouTube of XBE doing 80 to 85 mph with the stock 41 spur and a 15T or 16T pinion. So to get about the same speed with about the same equivalent gear ratio. You can run 7075rc 48 spur with a 10T pinion. Now compare it to stock gears is like a 41 spur and a 17T pinion. If you go with 7075rc 44 spur, you can run a 14T pinion. Now compare it to stock gears is like a 41 spur and a 17T pinion. I just took off some millimeters on my chassis just to be able to run a taller pinion with the stock 41 spur. I'm running a 22 pinion and it's to much. The leopard 1000kv motor can handle it but I need a very large straightaway just to top it out. Which I haven't found one yet unless I go to a drag strip.....lol. But If you just want to have crazy torque with some good speed with no modification done to the chassis, I would say go with the leopard 5892 with 7075rc 48 spur and 7075rc 10T or 11T pinion or 7075rc 44 spur and 7075rc 12T or 13T pinion or stock 41 spur and a 13T pinion. You will enjoy it...... Oh yeah by the way, If I do get a 7075rc chassis made, I will give you my old chassis for sure.
First off thanks for the generous amounts helpful info i really do appreciate it,not having the mount yet i wasnt sure about the stock spur fitting because of the larger bearings i thought you needed 7075 spur to run there mount being able to use the stock spur gear will be helpful and i was looking at the hobbystar motors as well im hoping ill be able to get this motor mount i was able to add it to my cart so ordered it and paid everything went through but when i went back later just to look on the site there was no option to add another mount to the cart which leads me to belive they are out of stock maybe i was lucky and got the last one im just waiting for an email or order status ill cross my fingers

JPark

You're welcome and I definitely understand. I was in the same situation of not really knowing what direction to go in. From doing a lot of research on this form, YouTube and goggle search lead me to the point where I am now. Believe or not but the stock 980kv motor with a 11T pinion and upgrade esc on 8s isn't that bad. But like any other hobbyist, we always want more torque and speed. 7075rc makes wonderful products but if it's not in stock, there is the waiting period you would have to go through. Which I understand due to the fact of larger orders to be fill or just making the item. My patience was just wearing thin on waiting for an xbe chassis, so I just took the idea I had and made it work. You may also want to check EBay for those hpi wheel adaptors. That's where I got mines from. They are made by Ramtech and is a good quality.

Rfdpa1

I have the ramtech on my ebay watch list, the stock set up is not bad maybe ill put the max5 in and try it on 8s if i cant get the rest of my parts for awhile but i know what it can be so im working towards that, i like the white/red your rig looks awsome,i have a baja too and a few crawlers a couple slashes a merv a 1/16 rally a rustler and a couple frakensteins. The website let me add a chassis to the cart i don't know if that means they have them but some of the other thing for sure don't give me a add to cart option so maybe they have some

JPark

Thanks..... and I see you have a nice collection of RC's as well. Running the xbe with the max 5 esc on 8s and stock motor is cool and I'm with you on knowing what it can be. It's definitely a beast with motor upgrade. The chassis on 7075rc is only for the gas version redcat rampage. I was told through email from someone from 7075rc that it won't work for the xbe rampage. I ask when will they be in stock or when can I get one made and I haven't gotten a response yet. It been over some weeks so it just a waiting game as of now. You will like the Ramtech wheel adaptors, they are a simply installation and made of good quality. Also, they are holding up pretty good so far.

mailmanx

@helloman1976 if you're looking for quality stuff then I'd probably just stop looking and go with the 7075RC motor mounts as you're probably not going to find anything better.

That said, it's unfortunate news for sure regarding Kershaw Designs as he made great products as well.

I suspect that it is common knowledge now, but just in case not everyone knows, Dan Fischer, owner of Kershaw Designs passed away on November 4th, 2017 in Denver, CO, after a brief battle with cancer. Hi family was by his side. This obituary is worth reading.

I believe that Quinn Dorsey, one of Dan's previous employees, bought the business. He is going through a conversion process of running the business under a new name: Nova Racing Products RC. He JUST got the new website running: https://www.novarc.net/. Scroll down and he has left a tribute "In Loving Memory of Dan Fischer". Ordering now works from that website. Quinn is trying to carry much of the original KD stuff along with expanding into distributorship with new brands.

Rfdpa1

I am currently waiting on a 7075 motor mount so i thought id try a kershaw in the mean time the site is currently not accepting online payments it said contact to finish transaction,i called and emailed with no respinse to this time i hope the get back to me

mailmanx

I am currently waiting on a 7075 motor mount so i thought id try a kershaw in the mean time the site is currently not accepting online payments it said contact to finish transaction,i called and emailed with no respinse to this time i hope the get back to me

Try Quinn at [email protected] or Tel: (303) 419-3038. He set those up for the new company and monitors those.

Rfdpa1

That is the phone number i tried ,but i did just try the email you provided ill let ya know what happens thanks

Rfdpa1

Talked to quinn today, he said it will still be a couple months yet on the motor mounts but the will be redesigned for better looks and function with an esc mounting location and possibly available in different colors,ill be waiting impatiently for my 7075 mount that i already ordered and paid for and for these updated kershaw desings ones as well ,i guess i still got a couple months till the weather breaks up here in north eastern PA anyway hopfully it will work out perfect i know it will be worth the wait

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.