• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage xb speed build

Bhopp

Hey guys, it begans I ordered aluminum gear plate, boca bearings, 8k clutch spring and clutch kit, I swap the stock engine for a cy26, and I plan to run 35-25-26-24 with hopes of going fast! I never seen it run because the gears broke up and destroyed everything but the shafts and bearings on first run! Wish me luck and any advise is appreciated!

phreerider

stepping up the tire size will give top speed a boost as well.... having tall gearing requires more HP to spin up to speed. the diff's are stiff with factory goo! nearly locker grade from a recent tear down in my opinion. i went with 3K rear and 7K front..the center is fixed so its all OFF GAS STEER and improves a little. the gearing might go a fraction higher with MCD gears but its all about the top end spin of the mill. good luck lets see it when its running!

Silent_chaos

get a lightened Flywheel, it helps a lot.

also, switch to 9500 rpm spring.

Get new tires that have a good grip (front Trenchers on all 4)

rampagemt

Have you thought about getting a full mod motor as it will have more rpms and also more hp... A rear mount jetpro should be able to squeeze even more rpms as its end bleed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts