• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage XB 5.5HP Prostock build/VIDEOS

Torchred

Bought a brand new Rampage XB in April, rebuilt entire thing, boca bearings all in respective aluminum upgrades, rebuilt both gear boxes/blue loctite and thinner diff fluid, JetPro pipe, Dt1 air filter and outwear, drill start/kill switch. Hitec servos and 7.2 lipo battery, Flysky GT5 radio/receiver. And the best for last I swapped out for a 5.5HP Prostock ONeillbrothers engine. Switched 31-29 gears for a higher top speed. Tears up the dirt, I gps’d 41mph on stock tires. Only broken parts so far, loose rear driveshaft dogbone joint/loose front wheel dogbone joint(blueloctited after) broken stock clutch spring and 7500 rpm spring. (Odd? Worn clutch?)And of course burned the stock exhaust pipe in half and melted my old green body. Overall not bad! Will see if I can link insta videos of it running 5.5hp prostock engine in the dirt, or GoPro

Last edited:

Redredcat0223

41mph is as fast as you got thing going,I mean that’s fast but it seems like it’s a lot faster,I have a custom XT all done up with a g320 zenoah and it runs I’m waiting for road tires to come back in stock before I do a speed test but there’s a guy online with an Xt cause they are exactly the same platform but anyway same jet pro pipe as yours and just the rovan 36cc engine and claims it runs 51mph but the wierd thing is he doesn’t show it on video,he shows a vid with it running but not a video with the god on the truck and then running it and showing what it says so I don’t count it but if it does I can’t figure out how it’s hittin 51,hours in theory should be faster ,bigger more powerful motor,same pipe,same platform,same gears only difference his tires are larger,what do you think?

Torchred

41mph is as fast as you got thing going,I mean that’s fast but it seems like it’s a lot faster,I have a custom XT all done up with a g320 zenoah and it runs I’m waiting for road tires to come back in stock before I do a speed test but there’s a guy online with an Xt cause they are exactly the same platform but anyway same jet pro pipe as yours and just the rovan 36cc engine and claims it runs 51mph but the wierd thing is he doesn’t show it on video,he shows a vid with it running but not a video with the god on the truck and then running it and showing what it says so I don’t count it but if it does I can’t figure out how it’s hittin 51,hours in theory should be faster ,bigger more powerful motor,same pipe,same platform,same gears only difference his tires are larger,what do you think?

I’d say maybe he had the 35-25 gears but you say same gears 31-29 (for top speed). Really I feel like mine will push to 50 with the 35-25 because that gearing ratio change seems pretty big. but with the 31-29 I did 3 runs with my phone gps speed app tucked in the body, which seemed really accurate. as I drive my car it stays within with 1 mph of my speedometer. I got 41 on the first one in the buggy and couldn’t beat it the next two times. However even if the gears are the same bigger tires should significantly change the math on the top speed no doubt. My stock tires are also pretty soft and might cause some resistance, I could really do better than them but I do love the look and off roading. Maybe I’ll look into adapters. My rear differential has a very slight resistance point between the pinion but I’d think that would be 1-2mph at worst. I have to say though I get to 41 very quick and i love the torque. In the video and as always I ease into it before I go WOT on the street because it will kick the rear end out real good and probably tear the tires up. I did have one person say he thought it looked like 50 in person, but I feel like 41 is about right. With gears or tires or both I feel like 50 is in reach or damn close. I may order a 35 soon just to try, I wonder if I’ll still be doing donuts in the dirt with it, I have a feeling it will still do better donuts than the original engine with 29-31 gears lol. I wonder what else is if anything is different about that Xt/ engine, maybe it revs higher for more top speed, I’m not sure. My #6020 prostock peaks at 13650 5.47hp and 2.11 torque

Torchred

Just installed the 35-25 gears and GPS app gave me a 52mph top speed. Buggy can still drift around in the dirt though the 31-29 are better for doing that 377DC43B-C9DA-4797-B205-E12ECEC31AEF.jpeg

Redredcat0223

Hell ya brotha!!! That’s more like it,that’s fast,I’m just waiting for my road tires to get here then I’ll do my speed run and after that I am gonna buy a new pipe and I’ll try again but I’ll definitely keep you updated but that is awesome that you got 52 mph that’s fast!!!

Torchred

Hell ya brotha!!! That’s more like it,that’s fast,I’m just waiting for my road tires to get here then I’ll do my speed run and after that I am gonna buy a new pipe and I’ll try again but I’ll definitely keep you updated but that is awesome that you got 52 mph that’s fast!!!
and yes let me know how everything goes tighten up brakes and find a good place where you have a long runway and no interference

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.