• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

rampage vs 5t/5b

johnson7454

Why are the 5b and 5t so much faster then the rampage? Ive tried running with a 5t and it wasnt even fair. Then ive seen videos of the 5t out running a desert truck to about 79mph. Can the rampage ever do that?

dale_gribble

I own both. My 5T whoops up on the Rampage in acceleration but the Rampage handles and jumps a whole lot better. My suggestion is to get your friend on a loamy track and get a pipe on your truck and things will close up a bit.

johnson7454

yeah we got into a dried storm drain area and the 5t was all over the place. I could actually keep up with it while he was jumping around. Ive also got a side pipe. Hes got a pipe and clutch springs.

RedRum

Yea your right on the weight difference!! A heavier rampage stays glued to the ground better than a baja does but it also has to overcome the effort to get itself rolling as well!

The 5T and 5B with the same mods you have you will never keep up in the long run, BUT having said that, on a short track with lots of turns and twists you will be ahead leaps and bounds of the either 2 because of the 4whl drive.

Also driving skill has a great deal to do with how you can keep up or beat or not beat a Baja!!

jackson

i love my cat!

i almost got one of the bajas before but going around on the net and asking around, and big factor for me really was the price and i really wanted a 4X4 big truck the MT was all i asked for and than some, i know by the time you done with the modds and add ons to you ride (no mention that demon is coming with a better tranny as well a two speed transmition) the price will be at the same range but cosider this redcat will be bullet proff for the price of a stock baja!

don't get me wrong they're faster hands down, but it will cost you an left eye!

i think a good driver at its best still would have a hard time trying to get away from a rampage screaming at it!

check this out those beasts really move!

[ame]

[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

RedRum

that was a cool ass video, but man id sure hate to drive my 5t or b there, those guys are ruthless!! :D

jackson

amen

i wouldn't drive like that either like to have fun actualy beeing able to drive day after day and still have my truck in one peace!

RedRum

DemonRC said:
Would be awesome if we had a few little jumps like that at Eldridge.
Yes it would!! But as long as the city lets use run there that wont happen!! LOL

Joshs4x4toyz

:cool: Those guys are hardcore... Ive beat down 1/10 electric like that but dang!! haha That is cool

DemonRC

:cool: Those guys are hardcore... Ive beat down 1/10 electric like that but dang!! haha That is cool
Hell you outta see it out here sometimes on this little flat track. It's mayhem sometimes when somebody spins out and there's a couple Baja's coming in from the rear full speed LMAO. I've seen RedRum t-bone a 5b full speed and jump it like a ramp. Pretty funny if you saw it.

RedRum

DemonRC said:
Hell you outta see it out here sometimes on this little flat track. It's mayhem sometimes when somebody spins out and there's a couple Baja's coming in from the rear full speed LMAO. I've seen RedRum t-bone a 5b full speed and jump it like a ramp. Pretty funny if you saw it.
I remember that, shouldnt stop in front of me sideways or ill get some air off your buggy!!LOL

auto2

my solution was to get a oneal bros 27 cc engine. that totally canceled out the weight difference. can u say 4 wheel drifting on the street. with the 6000 clutch spring. best 379 $ i ever spent.

hamster huey

The redcat has 4wd which would make it superior to 2wd IF it lost weight.

So you have 2 options put it on a diet (less than 25 lbs is possible) and strap in a ported engine OR get an XT when they come out and strap in a ported engine. That'll put the spank on those 2wds. Youll have comparable (if not better) power to weight over the 2wd AND 4wd!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts