• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage Versions

grf

Hi everyone

i thought that since the V3 is here to stay maybe it is time to start a thread with all the information in regards to the differences between V1 V2 V3 (V4 maybe) and parts compatibility.

i know there are out there but not in one place as a reference point. please anyone that has any info and details just put it up. any links to build threads or photos showing parts installations from one version to the other also would be nice to have. i believe it would help everybody when trying to buy parts or selling/buying second hand or new.

Last edited by a moderator:

grf

i ll start with what i know

V1 to V2

different diff cups with thicker pins

spider gears compatible with the thicker pins

chassis with dual steering support (mt with dual steering installed)

plastic gear carrier with metal clutch insert

and here is what i found in regards to V2 to V3

1. Front and rear bumpers are now fitted using nuts and bolts instead of screws

2. Lower front suspension arms are now made of Nylon PA66 Material. They are now stronger than before.

3. Shock Shafts diameter / thickness modified from Ø4 (before) to Ø5 (now)

4. Front and Rear Diff shell and drive cup pins holes size changed to Ø3.5. Before it was Ø3.

5. Front and Rear Diff drive cup / Joint cup material has changed to make them stronger.

6. Front and rear diff gears 16T use small pins. Pins are modified from Ø3x20mm (before) to Ø3.5x18mm (Now)

7. Front Suspension is using Universal joints to wheels. Before it was a normal dog bone

8. Front Universal joint / dog bone pin is now made of better material, its stronger and is fixed with a hex screw on the front that is tightened with Loctite at factory (It is still best to check this after receiving vehicle to make 100% sure)

9. Steering servos have changed and quality should be better.

10. Brake mount is made of steel instead of aluminum.

11. Clutch bell now has 8 holes for cooling.

12. Main gear mount is now made of special stronger plastic.

13. Main Gears are all made of special new white and strong material / plastic

14. Improved aluminum in some areas.

15. Shock springs are a bit thinner now, but made of new material. They are stronger but a bit softer. Diameter Ø2.5 (before) Ø2.3 (now)

16. 26cc HY engine instead of 23 CY engine on MT and TT. Pro uses 30cc HY instead of 28cc CY.

17. 2.4GHz Radio is stock on all Rampages now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts