• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage TT questions

kdfi

Hey everyone, getting ready to gear up and get a Rampage TT Friday. I have a couple questions for you.

1- The Jet Pro side mount pipe. I know it hangs outside of the buggy (something I will live with). Do you think it;s protected enough from damage? Can it be torn off if the buggy lands upside down? I have been told I will not be happy with the Xcans performance nor the sound.

2- Stock shocks. Sould they be upgraded or oil changed? What weight oil front and rear? Some guys have switched out to 5b shocks, does this take mods to fit them?

3- Stock filter. I have read this should be the first to go. Should I get the HPI filter or another brand?

If I am missing something else LMK. Thanks

basher

that side mount pipe is the same one that i have on my baja 5b. i live in the air and it does not have a scrath. it is really safe in that location. i have run into a small tree in my TT with the side mounted pipe. bent it a little, took it off straightned it out and kept goin. I think you will besafe with it. I just ordered an alum steering hub and mount. I broke them doing cart wheels. i got the Phat dad shock uprades on the way. YOU WILL LOVE THIS BUGGY. It's an ass hauler.good luck.

jaysyourhandyman

kdfi said:
Hey everyone, getting ready to gear up and get a Rampage TT Friday. I have a couple questions for you.
1- The Jet Pro side mount pipe. I know it hangs outside of the buggy (something I will live with). Do you think it;s protected enough from damage? Can it be torn off if the buggy lands upside down? I have been told I will not be happy with the Xcans performance nor the sound.

2- Stock shocks. Sould they be upgraded or oil changed? What weight oil front and rear? Some guys have switched out to 5b shocks, does this take mods to fit them?

3- Stock filter. I have read this should be the first to go. Should I get the HPI filter or another brand?

If I am missing something else LMK. Thanks
welcome to the forum:cool:

to answer your questions

#1 the al tune pipe is bad and will break:( don't know about jet pro

#2 yes do upgrade your shocks,they bend or brake EZ.it will take a bit of mod but it is EZ,also a thicker shock oil will help

#3 the stock filter is a good one but if you want to upgrade the intake or carb

it will need upgradeing too

if you don't have the upgrade kit, get it:D,it is a deal:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

mooman007uk

Banned
I'd get a decent in tank clunk the filter in tank is crap and wasn't heavy enough to bend the fuel tubing to move from top to bottom...I replaced it with an fg one I had spare.

get the alloy gear plate, hpi filter, phatdads and upgrade kit....it'll make your tt a great basher.

And I'm a believer in boiling the lower arms and wheel hub/uprights...it makes them less brittle.

kdfi

GUYS THE TT is on the way!!!

I got the upgrade kit thrown in for free. So do I drive it til I brake something or install the upgrades now?

Just how bad is that stock filter? Will it last a couple weeks till I build some cash again? Or does dirt just pass right through it?

kryptonite

i still and will run the stock filter, but im not a dirt hound so i don't really worry. just keep it good and oiled. its a 2 part and better then a k&n or ufo filter, but i think the 5b filter is just the best. all depends, i wiated to do the diffs untill the pin snapped, but you must be carefull. couse the kit doesn't come with extra spider gears. the diff case completly expoded in the housing. multible peaces. i was just lucky that i didnt wreck anything else.. and it snapped in the snow on the second tank. the shock springs and oil you may want to swap out. springs are really short and oil is more like water. not sure if its diffrent for tt. i think its safe to run it for a tank and then do it all. get your fix first, then do work.. thats how i alway did it..LOL.. :cool: keep an eye on the 2-25t gears(c/d) im on my 3rd tank and mine are pretty much toast. im not sure if they are braking in or just braking. the gears may feel tight and bindy when you pull it out of the box, but after the first 5 minute it gets loser..

kryptonite

badd_maxx25 said:
what oil for the shocks hpi baja 40wt?
not really sure what you guys in the tt's are running but in my mt i have 60 in the rear and 50 up front. i have my springs set as lose as they will go so i have a good amount of droop, but nice soft landing off the big jumps

emu67

I'm still running the stock filter. Make sure to oil it the first time out but I put on outerwears on it and it seems to work for me. I'd re-drill the shock towers just a bit lower front and back - once I did that I get no more bent shock shafts (stock ones). I'd consider a tire upgread to Baja Bb hard compounds (you'll need to get new hubs). The stock rampage TT tires self-destructed after 1 tank on a dirt track. Oh you may as well get extra front arms...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts