• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage TT Brushless conversion w/ Neu 2230 about to begin. lots of questions

aqwut

fastlane said:
wow man that thing goes just alittle expensive for me. Awsome, outstanding job you know your stuff.
For sure it's expensive.. I tried my best to make this work, Thanks!

catchaser said:
I would love to see that thing with 33/27 gearing running Baja front tires on all 4 corners.
Hey, you asked for it... I'll shoot a video of it...

fastlane said:
no kiddin that thing would fly
It sure does.. and the motor is still set for half the RPM... Hhahahahahahaha :D

Right now my ESC is really limiting me.. it's only 100A ESC.. but with the right setup.. she'll do good...

aqwut

Update: Modified it to have dual steering, since I have another 805BB hanging around, might as well use it. Also did the panty hose mod for the back of the Lehner 3080 Can. Keeps out the grass and other things from being sucked in.

First video is 27/33 Gearing.. As you can see, stripped the plastic gears again (25T/25T). I have no other option, other than going to metal gears..

[YOUTUBE]CUNzBAsYgYQ[/YOUTUBE]

During/After the whole run the motor was 42 Deg. C, ESC was 49 Deg. C and batteries were about 40 Deg. C.

Now it runs with 29/31, until I get some metal replacement gears…

Last edited by a moderator:

kryptonite

awsome vid great job on the conversion.. if i may? any of us that are running plastic gears run well ventulated gear covers to help with the gear melting issues. some also run no cover(like myself). im sure its diffrent with the electric motor, but it will definatly help you out.. try it..

aqwut

kryptonite said:
awsome vid great job on the conversion.. if i may? any of us that are running plastic gears run well ventulated gear covers to help with the gear melting issues. some also run no cover(like myself). im sure its diffrent with the electric motor, but it will definatly help you out.. try it..
Good idea, I'll just drill somes holes on the gear cover... Maybe this will help.. I really don't want to use all steel gears..

Sucram said:
Looks good!
Whats the weight of it now?
THanks, the truck weighs 38 Lbs ready to run... How much Does the gas version weigh, wet?...

kryptonite

this is my gear cover. the pilote holes werent enough for me.

gear cover mod 002.jpg

/monthly_2009_05/583c605ac6cf9_gearcovermod002.jpg.2ab894e385564ac1741fdab97a943719.jpg

aqwut

kryptonite said:
this is my gear cover. the pilote holes werent enough for me.
Thanks, that's a great idea..!.. Main reason I have the gear cover is to keep my coupler from falling out (incase if it ever does.).

aqwut

Kaz the Minotaur said:
You think 10S will be enough?
10 would definately be enough.. but it'll draw more amps being 750KV, that's for sure..... What gearing are you using Kaz...

aqwut

Kaz the Minotaur said:
12/40
That is as small a pinion as I could find. I took out all the stock gears etc. and it is set up like a 1/8 buggy.
Woaah dude.. 12T Pinion/40T Spur(Center Diff), 3:1 Differential Ratio... Gives you Final Drive Ratio of 10:1 and on 37 Volts, you're geared for 68MPH... that will be hard for you Motor and ESC...

Kaz the Minotaur

Brian's speed calc says 55.25

Here are the values that I put in each box from top to bottom:

I wasn't able to find a smaller pinion or larger spur.

Last edited by a moderator:

aqwut

Kaz the Minotaur said:
Brian's speed calc says 55.25
Here are the values that I put in each bos from top to bottom:

I wasn't able to find a smaller pinion or larger spur.
Oops my bad, I see you have the Rampage Buggy not MT... You should be fine then man...! and your using that big ESC right?...

aqwut

Kaz the Minotaur said:
Yeah, I have Bow-Ties all around.
You'll be good then, don't forget to post a video.. How come yours is so much heavier than LongShanks?.. he said his is about 26 lbs... and urs is 37Lbs and mine's 38Lb..

aqwut

Kaz the Minotaur said:
I take that weight back...that was with the big tires.
Yeah, I have that big honkin brick of an ESC... HAHA
I want to get that ESC so bad. But then I'd have to buy a snot load of 5S packs, since it does only 10S... Have you tried that ESC yet, Please let us know how that ESC works out.. I love ESCs that uses big FETs....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online