• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage Rally steering hub question

BoomDivX

On my first day of racing with my new rampage rally, both steering hub (part #52008 in the manual) stripped where the screw of the front arms are. So now I can't even roll because the steering hub is just falling everytime. In the manual, they call it "52008 - Steering hub(L/R)" and some websites call it the steering knuckle... I'm not even sure I'm giving the name correctly :rolleyes:

My question is: is there an aluminium upgrade for the steering hub for the rampage rally? I saw the steering mount aluminium part but the design looks different than the hub I have. Would it fit on the rally?

mooky

Contributor
don't DO IT

stick to plastics make sure you use thread lock on them.

my tip for the day is boil them for 10 mins before fitting it makes them less brittle.

i boil all of my plastics, the reason for sticking with plastic is you need a weak point somewhere in case of a problem.

id rather brake plastic than bend alloy

mooky

BoomDivX

I don't know how I would bend a steering hub o_O it's not like I'm bashing with my on-road car... and even if I put treadlock in it before, it will do the same thing which is: all the threads came with the screw... they just popped out :(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts