• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage mt5 clutch gone bad

MikebIL

Just bought rampage mt 15th used
Pretty good condition
Story is I bent the rear wishbone so I had to take the engine out to replace it
Upon taking engine out I noticed clutch shoes were completely gone
Ordered some new ones. And put everything back together
I understand how a Centrifugal clutch works So I tried everything I know to get it to stop engaging under idle
Got it pretty close but will not stay runnin and dies as soon as you touch throttle
Any ideas or tips
FYI my biggest problem is my hands are to big to keep trying to start it the pull start just keeps cutting my fingers then I get frustrated
helppppp please thanks

Impalassman

I hated my pull start so I got a rotostart from killer EC and the drill start piece at LOWEST now my drill cranks it over for me. Can get it at DDM also.

Impalassman

DDM also has the outer wear for the roto start if you need one. I did its very dusty and I run in grass alot where I am.

MikebIL

Any suggestions on adjustment after a new clutch install?

Thwmathue

Really the only adjustment for the clutch is the spring otherwise just make sure you have the shims right so it will engage at the proper rpm.

sunoco

I bought a 24" x 24" bulk sheet of outerwares- 30 bucks. This is how i do it--- its sano. just blow it off with the portable air tank.

Attachments

• BULK OUTERWARES 004.JPG
    BULK OUTERWARES 004.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 10
  • BULK OUTERWARES 003.JPG
    BULK OUTERWARES 003.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 11
  • BULK OUTERWARES 002.JPG
    BULK OUTERWARES 002.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 12
  • BULK OUTERWARES 001.JPG
    BULK OUTERWARES 001.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 10

sunoco

took time to find a glue that will bond to this stuff--- outerwares are coated--- to be somewhat able to shed water-- i use a glue called E-6000.-- its made by the same company that sells shoe goo.--- buy this E-6000 at the crafts area at Wal-Mart. Buy the 2 oz tube.-- lots better to work with- cheaper also- heck, i have so much outerwares here-- it will last tru many projects-- the chainsaws- other things--

check out the intake manafold-- very long. bought several- on sale for rmck engines-- 14 bucks each- gaskets-bolts included.-- i will not use a velocity stack on this modded zen 290. I will use a plain long assembly that allows me to hose clamp dt-1 cone shaped airfilters. nice spelling huh?-- spell check is for cheaters--

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.