• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage MT with mudslingers

Rickiebobby

Hi guys new to the forum glad I finally joined looks like a lot of good people on here and great info

Wondering if it's possible to mount a set of 40 series mudslingers on a set of 23mm weld racing rims and install them on a redcat rampage mt thinking if would allow if to be a little lighter and more wheel spin

G-Man

Hi guys new to the forum glad I finally joined looks like a lot of good people on here and great info

Wondering if it's possible to mount a set of 40 series mudslingers on a set of 23mm weld racing rims and install them on a redcat rampage mt thinking if would allow if to be a little lighter and more wheel spin
Never saw anybody do that, but sounds like a good idea to try. I like the look of the stock MT tires but don't like the strain they put on everything in the drivetrain and suspension. I always wanted a tire as big in diameter but slightly more narrow. Thinking the more narrow tire may let the MT actually have a decent steering radius and handle better. The weight is another thing too. It feels like a different rig weight wise with the wheels off. I did try hpi baja 5b wheels and tires on my MT but didn't like the look.

Rickiebobby

Never saw anybody do that, but sounds like a good idea to try. I like the look of the stock MT tires but don't like the strain they put on everything in the drivetrain and suspension. I always wanted a tire as big in diameter but slightly more narrow. Thinking the more narrow tire may let the MT actually have a decent steering radius and handle better. The weight is another thing too. It feels like a different rig weight wise with the wheels off. I did try hpi baja 5b wheels and tires on my MT but didn't like the look.
I pulled the trigger I already had the mudslingers but not the 23mm rims I ordered some 40 series integy bead locks to mount the mudslingers on so when they come in the mail and I get them mounted ill post a picture if they actually will work

G-Man

I pulled the trigger I already had the mudslingers but not the 23mm rims I ordered some 40 series integy bead locks to mount the mudslingers on so when they come in the mail and I get them mounted ill post a picture if they actually will work
Nice. Please do put a picture up.Those need glued on right?

G-Man

No they bead locks steel ring I believe if they were glued the weight of the mt would tare the glue for sure
That is where I was going with that question. I think you are right glued tires wouldn't stand a chance. Can't wait to see how they look!!. Much lighter? What is the tire diameter?

G-Man

You have any pictures with your wheel and tire setup? Been wondering how your build turned out

Rickiebobby

You have any pictures with your wheel and tire setup? Been wondering how your build turned out
I do not the tire compound was way too soft and the wheels and tires are way to small for looks as well still haven't even put my stock tires on it truck is still brand new like the day I bought it lol

G-Man

I do not the tire compound was way too soft and the wheels and tires are way to small for looks as well still haven't even put my stock tires on it truck is still brand new like the day I bought it lol
Well that sucks. The stock tires are actually pretty cool. They go over pretty much anything and dampen jump landings pretty well. Weight hurts them though. Come on man you gotta mount those things to that truck and go have some fun!!

ika

I got MCD mt tires, same size, but total weight saving is about 1kg ~ 2pound

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.