• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

rampage mt v3 upgrades

ridehard

I am in a weird situation, so I traded a guy one of my traxxas summits for a pretty bad ass loaded hpi baja 5b. It has the 30.5 motor on it and the 990 carb and the better intake and the extender thing on it. Since I really have nothing in the baja its not something I really care to much about it. Would I benefit from putting these things in my good running rampage mt v3 or should I just keep the v3 stock and use the baja as it is. I really don't know what to do with either car.

smokinzoltar

Alot of people say to change the motor in the v3, I would hold off on that and do small upgrades first. I started with a better air filter, tried a different carb but doesn't work on the stock engine. I just put in a new 8k clutch with stock engine, and seen a huge boost in power before I blew a bearing out on the "a" shaft.

I personally want a belt drive, and a zenoah from ddm. Getting there will take some time as those are expensive upgrades. The Baja engine is probably slightly better than the stock redcat...I would wait and get a better engine later.

This might help, go-to YouTube and search belt drive from steel City and watch his videos. He goes through his upgrades, and shows what everything does. After his upgrades, his truck is completely bad ass!

Pricesredcatmt

Does anyone know if this would be a good engine for my redcat rampage mt, people say not to get to much hp cause it breaks the gears and dog bones, I'm planning on getting the belt drive 1:1 ratio alao, any thoughts or anything i should know?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191119-063749.png
    Screenshot_20191119-063749.png
    153.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20191119-063824.png
    Screenshot_20191119-063824.png
    108.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20191119-063836.png
    Screenshot_20191119-063836.png
    475.3 KB · Views: 10

G-Man

Does anyone know if this would be a good engine for my redcat rampage mt, people say not to get to much hp cause it breaks the gears and dog bones, I'm planning on getting the belt drive 1:1 ratio alao, any thoughts or anything i should know?
That will be a great choice. One thing you will have a ton of RPM from that engine. I have never seen it in person. But have seen it in action on youtube it rips. 5.5hp won't be too much if you go to helical cut crown and pinions and aluminum diff housings with rubber sealed bearings, The belt holds up really well to power. But the diffs are a must. I used to break the straight cut crown gears before using the Redcat helical. Shimming the endplay out of the diff cup in the aluminum housing is the ticket too. I made a video going through the diff rebuild and all parts used. It is a bit long sorry.

G-Man

Alot of people say to change the motor in the v3, I would hold off on that and do small upgrades first. I started with a better air filter, tried a different carb but doesn't work on the stock engine. I just put in a new 8k clutch with stock engine, and seen a huge boost in power before I blew a bearing out on the "a" shaft.

I personally want a belt drive, and a zenoah from ddm. Getting there will take some time as those are expensive upgrades. The Baja engine is probably slightly better than the stock redcat...I would wait and get a better engine later.

This might help, go-to YouTube and search belt drive from steel City and watch his videos. He goes through his upgrades, and shows what everything does. After his upgrades, his truck is completely bad ass!
Appreciate you checking out my channel RC brother! Thanks for the kind words man. That MT is a really fun truck once all the kinks are out of it. Mine is ready for a tear down. First time it has really failed me in quite some time. Something came loose in the belt system or the clutch is smoked. Now the key. Finding the time lol. 20190720_181442.jpg

Pricesredcatmt

What pipe do you have on, I tried looking for one of those and can't find them, I know what you mean with the time lol, all I do is work myself, I just going to keep buying parts and do it all at one time,

Pricesredcatmt

Hey i asked on here and nobody responded i first got my redcat not knowing anything about it yet and I hooked my Dynamite kill switch backwards into the receiver and right after that my throttle servo would act fine not running and then as soon as you start it it will go crazy I took the kill switch off for now and replace the throttle servo and it's fine now, but did i burn the kill switch up cause I bought new Servo receiver and transmitter, and don't want to try to plug it back up and take the chance on burning something else up, I bought these just to get it going again for now but I'm going to get better servos and stuff, just need help on what to get,lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191122-191232.png
    Screenshot_20191122-191232.png
    223.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20191122-191259.png
    Screenshot_20191122-191259.png
    305.8 KB · Views: 8

Mxaddiction

What pipe do you have on, I tried looking for one of those and can't find them, I know what you mean with the time lol, all I do is work myself, I just going to keep buying parts and do it all at one time,
Work.,....man, that’s the truth! All the people on here got me setup and going with my pipe, setup and Rampage Mt V3 break in over the summer. It was hot but boy was it fun!!!!! 47B47E69-5181-4EAA-82E4-53E582D26693.jpeg

Pricesredcatmt

I order the belt drive, I sealed my Metal Gears over yesterday and it did not even want to pull outta it's tracks, so I'm afraid when I put the belt drive on if it would even move with the stock engine, is anyone running the belt drive with stock engine, I won't get belt drive till the end of December

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191130-094057.png
    Screenshot_20191130-094057.png
    302.1 KB · Views: 10

$nake_Life

I had belt drive on the mt v3 with the stock motor and tires and it ran good at the time I only had a ddm dominator on it so youll be fine I think it ripped more with belt drive. Just purchased a 9.4 full mod g340 obr haven't got it all back together yet

Pricesredcatmt

Ok thanks,but l guess if it don't ru. Good with the stock engine I will just put it back to the gears, I email onell brothers and they recommended the 34cc 6309 engine cause anything above that start breaking gears, but let me know how the engine that you got holds up to the gears

G-Man

What is the best air filter for Redcat
I use an angled shred stack aluminum intake that fits a stock hpi baja air filter assembly on it then an outerwears over top. The angle of the stack tilts the filter up a bit for throttle linkage clearance and makes it a bit easier to service.

Pricesredcatmt

Is this the ones you have sorry for asking I just can't find where to get them,

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191220-222541.png
    Screenshot_20191220-222541.png
    522.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20191220-223230.png
    Screenshot_20191220-223230.png
    269.4 KB · Views: 8

Pricesredcatmt

Can you let me know what site to get the pipe that your running now, I like the jetpro site pipe but I like the one you have on there now, I have looked and looked trying to fine that same one lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.