• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage MT steering

TPSF

Hey guys,
Got my Rampage MT, made it single serving with the single serving saver set up. There is a lot of slack in the steering, is this normal? Servo save is tight and both nuts are tight on the rod connecting the wheels together (maybe tie rod?) It keeps me from getting a good alignment with all the play in the steering. It's not in the servo or servo link it's something in the steering, the saver is also cranked down probably more than it needs to be. Thanks

G-Man

Hey guys,
Got my Rampage MT, made it single serving with the single serving saver set up. There is a lot of slack in the steering, is this normal? Servo save is tight and both nuts are tight on the rod connecting the wheels together (maybe tie rod?) It keeps me from getting a good alignment with all the play in the steering. It's not in the servo or servo link it's something in the steering, the saver is also cranked down probably more than it needs to be. Thanks
Maybe when you put in the serevo saver for single servo you may have forgotten to take the four brass bushings from the original servo saver and in tall them in the new one. If it's not that, it is probably normal play in the steering Tha I have yet to find a good upgrade
Hey guys,
Check to be sure you took the four brass bushings out of the original servo saver for the mount posts and installed them in the new servo saver. That will cause a ton of play.

G-Man

@pantherrilla yes you can use the stock dual servo saver, he changed his to a single from what I'm reading. If he didn't take the brass bushings from the stock saver and install them in the new single saver, the saver will have a ton of play where they ride on the verticle posts attached to the chassis.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts