• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage MT Servo Upgrades

G-Man

What's up Guys. I am going through My MT rebuilding the diffs and putting aluminum housings in. Anyways. While I had it apart I decided to try a different throttle servo from what I had been using. I will explain My setup. I am using one Spektrum S9020 steering servo and a Savox 1210mg throttle servo with a 2700 mah 2s lipo rx battery. Both of those servos are waterproof and lipo capable BTW. The aluminum Futaba mount is needed to mount the Spektrum. Now the listing for the Savox 1210 does not state LiPo capable, but on the front of the box it says 7.4v. I got lucky with that find buying that servo for My 8th scale for steering. Here are a few pics of the two servos installed. Excellent upgrade. Very powerful and responsive.

20180223_002151.jpg
20180223_001921.jpg
20180219_201835.jpg

G-Man

Check out My video. It explains what I did for the upgrades. You won't be disappointed with this investment!!

G-Man

looks goog gman! Please report back on the long term sw1210. take care.
Thanks bro!! If the Savox 1210 is anything like the 0230 it will be great. The 1210 has almost triple the torque at 7.4v. I really didn't need to change it, but I had the servo laying around and figured let's measure it and see. Boom it fits. The clearance between it and the Spektrum steering servo is very minimal. Tight fit

tundra

Check out My video. It explains what I did for the upgrades. You won't be disappointed with this investment!!
Hey G-Man, any recommendations for a throttle servo for my stock Rampage MT? I've replaced the stock one twice under warranty. I would like one that will bolt right up. Thanks.

G-Man

Hey G-Man, any recommendations for a throttle servo for my stock Rampage MT? I've replaced the stock one twice under warranty. I would like one that will bolt right up. Thanks.
The Savox 1210 should fit. The one I do know that fits with the stock steering servo is the Hitec 5645. But that Hitec isn't waterproof and I fried it which fried my stock receiver. So I'd compare the size specs of the Savox and the Hitec and see if they are the same.

jacobir4

I was going to go with savox for both my steering servos yes I bought the new redesign that just came out and I have to say it is a lot more beefier the suspension is pretty good A lot more adjustable twin steering servos in a 32cc gas engine now I'm probably going to take that off and put a Genoa on it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.