• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage MT Pro vs MT V3

Petrolheadz100

What is the majoe difference between the V3 and pro that theres a 450.00 price difference?

Dusty

Aluminum cage , cheap aluminum tuned pipe , aluminum body posts , aluminum front chassis brace ,aluminum front and rear upper/lower suspension arms and the upgraded separate oil res shocks . My opinion is not worth the $450 . It’s all bop ups man. Think it has cast and steering blocks too . And servo saver and control arms ... all aluminum . But with all that metal it weighs more and no flex it you hit something .. just breakage in my opinion . I bought the MT regular . Added a ddm pipe , going to do front rear aluminum diffs and MAYBE hubs and steering blocks but leaving the arms plastic parts for the give points .

G-Man

I totally agree with @Dusty ! The regular MT is the way to go. Put aluminum diff housings on it, which the pro doesn't have. Also the diffs need shimmed bad.Leave the arms and steering links plastic. Put aluminum servo saver, steering knuckles and bearing carriers it holds up well. I just put the piggyback shocks front and rear 50w front 60w rear. They are noticably different in performance when jumping. 20180409_221922.jpg

Dusty

What you do to shim the diffs @G-Man ? I’m going to the aluminum diffs when my plastic or gears go which ever is first lol . Figure I gotta rebuild them then anyhow so it’s a perfect time to upgrade the diffs .

Man I just reread my last post ..auto correct craziness ... lol
You got the overall understanding though I hope !

G-Man

What you do to shim the diffs @G-Man ? I’m going to the aluminum diffs when my plastic or gears go which ever is first lol . Figure I gotta rebuild them then anyhow so it’s a perfect time to upgrade the diffs .

Man I just reread my last post ..auto correct craziness ... lol
You got the overall understanding though I hope !
Ya I got what You said Bro! I made a video when I did the MT aluminum diff housing upgrade. I used the same exact method with the Dunerunner also. It is a little lengthy, can fast forward through what you know. But in the video I list part numbers. Man they feel pretty damn strong now. The beatings I have given them the past half dozen times since rebuild would have shattered the crown gear in the stock plastic setup..

Petrolheadz100

I totally agree with @Dusty ! The regular MT is the way to go. Put aluminum diff housings on it, which the pro doesn't have. Also the diffs need shimmed bad.Leave the arms and steering links plastic. Put aluminum servo saver, steering knuckles and bearing carriers it holds up well. I just put the piggyback shocks front and rear 50w front 60w rear. They are noticably different in performance when jumping. View attachment 14081
That looks good man, I would really like to get aluminum hub carriers and Knuckles for the front of my chimera but everything out there seems to be 4 version 1 they all look like they share the same Parts I'm just wondering if the Hub carriers that are for the Mt and dunerunner fit the Chimera since they are practically all X Series

G-Man

That looks good man, I would really like to get aluminum hub carriers and Knuckles for the front of my chimera but everything out there seems to be 4 version 1 they all look like they share the same Parts I'm just wondering if the Hub carriers that are for the Mt and dunerunner fit the Chimera since they are practically all X Series
I am pretty sure the MT and DR carriers are different. I know the cv axles are different in diameter

Petrolheadz100

I would like to upgrade the diff housings to aluminum but cant find any specific for thr chimera

G-Man

Click that Redcat link then click on compatible items. It has the Chimera and all the X-series listed as using that housing. So the 7075rc aluminum housings will work! Expensive, but it is an awesome product

Petrolheadz100

I was considering those 7075 diffcases but i figured ill wait untill the plastic ones give problems if they do....so far i have 4 gal of fuel and only my gear plate failed due to a seized bearing

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online