• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage MT Pro Shock Ends Breaking

fordgtr06

I have a rampage mt pro and the only plastic piece on the shock apparently is the weak point and keeps breaking. This is the third shock that the black plastic end that connect to the a arm has broken. I am not bashing it that hard either. Minor jumps. My question is have any of you had this problem and do they make aluminum shock rod ends? I haven't found any online but was hoping someone could point me in the right direction of fixing this issue. Thanks in advance.

designed2survive

I don't know of any shock upgrade for the redcat 1/5 th scale line except for rezzies!

You might wanna look into Baja 5b shocks (check the length and compare it to the MT one; I would love to know the MT shocks length).

Beefier aluminum upgrades are available for the Baja shocks. Check the Rovan website.

fordgtr06

I don't know of any shock upgrade for the redcat 1/5 th scale line except for rezzies!

You might wanna look into Baja 5b shocks (check the length and compare it to the MT one; I would love to know the MT shocks length).

Beefier aluminum upgrades are available for the Baja shocks. Check the Rovan website.
Rezzies? What are those? And could I just use the shock ends off of a baja I wonder? I might just have to buy a set and see.

designed2survive

Rezzies? What are those? And could I just use the shock ends off of a baja I wonder? I might just have to buy a set and see.

Rezzies

Can't say about the Baja shock ends fitting. Must be worth a try.

fordgtr06

Rezzies

Can't say about the Baja shock ends fitting. Must be worth a try.
These are the ones I have. I have the mt pro. The plastic end is what keeps breaking. The only plastic part on the truck pretty much and it's the weak link.

G-Man

I have a rampage mt pro and the only plastic piece on the shock apparently is the weak point and keeps breaking. This is the third shock that the black plastic end that connect to the a arm has broken. I am not bashing it that hard either. Minor jumps. My question is have any of you had this problem and do they make aluminum shock rod ends? I haven't found any online but was hoping someone could point me in the right direction of fixing this issue. Thanks in advance.
I have been wondering the same thing about shock upgrades and have came across some large bore Rovan Rc shocks where the whole shock is aluminum. For the MT I'd imagine you would need 4 rear shocks. You can message them on ebay if the overall length isn't listed, actually Rovan rc answers emails non-ebay quickly too. I need to do the same, just been too busy fixing other stuff and had an old shock laying around to swipe the end off of it and eventually forgot about it since it is now runable.

designed2survive

I have been wondering the same thing about shock upgrades and have came across some large bore Rovan Rc shocks where the whole shock is aluminum. For the MT I'd imagine you would need 4 rear shocks. You can message them on ebay if the overall length isn't listed, actually Rovan rc answers emails non-ebay quickly too. I need to do the same, just been too busy fixing other stuff and had an old shock laying around to swipe the end off of it and eventually forgot about it since it is now runable.

To an also has as set of Baja shock that are shorter for on road.

fordgtr06

I am going to try that. I have to do something because they keep breaking and because of this I don't get it out anymore. I bash my xmaxx instead.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online