• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage MT leaking gas out of grommet.

Impalassman

Is there some place I can buy a tank grommet for my MT without buying a whole new tank? I have my tank vented so the snappy RC grommet has 3 holes in it i need a stock replacement (or better)?

Phill

Is there some place I can buy a tank grommet for my MT without buying a whole new tank? I have my tank vented so the snappy RC grommet has 3 holes in it i need a stock replacement (or better)?

What about putting a screw into a bit of fuel line and using that to block the extra hole?

sunoco

ddm has 2 holes.--- or go to e-bay-- type in this-- rovan gas tank- it will take some hunting to find.- main rovan dealer is in new york-- ships quick priority mail. usps. buy several, oil them up before installing, new ones are soft, no need for a screwdriver--

sunoco

just looked-- 6.29 ea. but -10% if you buy 3.--- free shipping. !! hpi brand will work also.-- why pay more? fact is, 99% of these small parts are made in the same factory--- even the shoes on my feet are china made. same story with Walbro parts- all packages clearly say- parts are made in several overseas countries.

Impalassman

Found some but will the baja one fit my MT

The ones on DDM are 2.95 but say for fog only??

FG not fog LOL

sunoco

the hpi rubber will fit.--- this fit on my xb--- fg? no doubt for fg only.

sunoco

always do my best !! Check this puppy out-- 3 billet diffs- 500,000 wt silicone in the center diff-- the pipe is stainless steel- bought it from a guy in scotland.-- gitzmomotors30.5--- yes, they still make this brand, the dealer in wisconson went belly up years ago-- however the main importer remains.-- in los angeles ca. its a rare car, use it on smooth grass mostly now-- i have 2 5b-s to build- i need to cop a motive and get them done !!!

Attachments

• THE CARS 001.JPG
    THE CARS 001.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 24
  • cars-ect 001.JPG
    cars-ect 001.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 24

Impalassman

Wild looking pipe on there. Cool machines man.

sunoco

thank you. the expanson chamber you see is not - what i call a one hit wonder. i have used the pipe on 27. 5 cc and up to ported 30.5 its linear, no dead spot, but reves out on top end like a crazed indian--- almost as much as a modded jet pro rear mount end bleed.- the victory pipes are high grade cromemoly steel- they flash rust- thin layer but it never goes deep into the steel.-- stainless steel however-- actually stainless steel with a high nickel content is to a small extent self healing-- example-- ever boil dry a stainless steel pot-- use wet or dry silicon sand paper- the black automotive stuff- wet sand the pot in the kitchen sink with 220- 330 grit-- good as new.

sunoco

thats how to get an affordable r-c! !! there are all kinds of pipes on e-bay. how they last run fit is anyones guess. cheap prices though. i have no idea how the jetpro pipe mt style pipe runs. they are made in spokane, wa. about 110 miles from my home. You can actually phone the owner there !!! that is a huge plus in my line of thinking. he could have used pipes? just a guess--www.jetpro.com --- that should get you close to factory.

Dusty

Wassup impalaassman , you just out there bashing and having a good ol time now that you’re running ? Hick ups with these things never stop but all part of the hobby . I’m hoping to be up and running within a couple days again myself .

Impalassman

Yup its running good for now Lola. Just bought another Mt rolling chassis trying to buy stuff to get it going now Lola working on them is a big part of the fun for me. Hope you get yours going again ASAP these things are a blast to run.

Dusty

Yup its running good for now Lola. Just bought another Mt rolling chassis trying to buy stuff to get it going now Lola working on them is a big part of the fun for me. Hope you get yours going again ASAP these things are a blast to run.

I’m the same way ... the wrenching is a big part of the fun . I kinda , maybe ,just possibly may have gotten carried away and purchased an OBR full mod G340rc with billet crank , clutch housing and intake manifold . (Not the reed motor) and I need 5mm longer carb screws and couldn’t find any today through regular hardware stores . Only thing stopping me from it’s break in process at this point .

1528089922582.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.