• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage MT-E Brushless

G-Man

What's up guys. I bought an electric MT roller. It had the Kershaw motor mount without electronics in it. I completely stripped it down and began rebuild. I put a Castle XLX esc and a 2028 motor, Futaba radio system, Hitec d845wp steering servo, and SMC 7400 mah 4s lipos, aluminum diff housings with helical crown and pinions. I also made tower braces out of 7075 round bar. Very solid now. This build feels totally different than the gas version I have. It almost feels like a 8th scale rather than a 5th. I love it! Check out these pics 20180922_134110.jpg 20180922_134141.jpg 20180921_220359.jpg 20180922_155829.jpg

Strait jacket

Not sure What you did. Truck looks amazing. I have the electri version of the 1st. I made it into an my with wheel hubs and tires but it runs on 2 3s batteries. At 6s it will outrun the my. How fast is yours on 4s ? Im curious.

G-Man

Not sure What you did. Truck looks amazing. I have the electri version of the 1st. I made it into an my with wheel hubs and tires but it runs on 2 3s batteries. At 6s it will outrun the my. How fast is yours on 4s ? Im curious.
Thank You. The truck turned out decent. Lots of time into it for sure. I have only ran it at 8S. I have two 4s SMC 7400mah lipos I use in it. I have yet to GPS it. Still working out the bugs. I did beat on it at my friends 8th scale track the other day. It performed awesome

G-Man

Well done very nice combo!
Thank You Very Much! I love them both, but not gonna lie. I like the gas one better even though the brushless out performs it. The sound of the engine and pipe can't be beat. BRAAAP!

Cmw

What's up guys. I bought an electric MT roller. It had the Kershaw motor mount without electronics in it. I completely stripped it down and began rebuild. I put a Castle XLX esc and a 2028 motor, Futaba radio system, Hitec d845wp steering servo, and SMC 7400 mah 4s lipos, aluminum diff housings with helical crown and pinions. I also made tower braces out of 7075 round bar. Very solid now. This build feels totally different than the gas version I have. It almost feels like a 8th scale rather than a 5th. I love it! Check out these pics View attachment 14317 View attachment 14318 View attachment 14319 View attachment 14320
Been looking for a MR roller best place to look where did you find yours

G-Man

Been pretty busy lately at work. Finally got time to run this brushless Rampage again and wouldn't you know the Castle XLX esc fried within 10 minutes. So I ordered a Hobbywing max5 for in it. Got it installed and been good since. Here is a video of the brushless Rampage MT using 8S lipo with a friend running his Xmaxx 8S. Check it out, let me know what you think. Thanks Gman!!

G-Man

Man I need to get this truck out more. Problem is one of the lipos I have for it is starting to puff from a really hot summer day with friends. I over discharged it a little bit. It got hot AF. So I put them away from camp till they cooled. They balance fine and the internal resistance is ok. Well here is a video last time out. Check it out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts