• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage MT A Little Pep In Step

Kevin's xb

Phill

They just say the rear will they also work on my front axles too.

I have since read that your axles are 10mm so you'd need to get some 10mm ID tubing with a 12mm OD to sleeve then back.
You should be able to get it at a plumbing or hardware store.
They will work both back and front.

Kevin's xb

I have since read that your axles are 10mm so you'd need to get some 10mm ID tubing with a 12mm OD to sleeve then back.
You should be able to get it at a plumbing or hardware store.
They will work both back and front.
Ok thanks so it's there any how to videos on YouTube to help me.

Phill

Ok thanks so it's there any how to videos on YouTube to help me.

I don't know about youtube - you'd have to search.
It's just a matter of cutting the tube to length and slipping it in.
You will need to drill a hole for the pins.
You could do that once you have the tubing in.

Kevin's xb

I don't know about youtube - you'd have to search.
It's just a matter of cutting the tube to length and slipping it in.
You will need to drill a hole for the pins.
You could do that once you have the tubing in.
Ok so I just slide the tubing over axles and then drill holes for pins then how do I keep the pins in. Hope not a stupid question.

Phill

Ok so I just slide the tubing over axles and then drill holes for pins then how do I keep the pins in. Hope not a stupid question.

Other way round.
You'll have to slip the tubing inside the hexes and drill the holes using the holes in the hex to guide you THEN slip them on the axles.
The wheels hold the pins in and the nuts keep the wheels on.

Kevin's xb

Other way round.
You'll have to slip the tubing inside the hexes and drill the holes using the holes in the hex to guide you THEN slip them on the axles.
Thanks got it if have any more questions I let you know.

Kevin's xb

Other way round.
What kind of tubing is best to use on this application.

Kevin's xb

Damn I feel so stupid, told ya I couldn't comprehend to well. Lol it sounds easy enough I'm gonna order them right away. I can't wait to put better rims and tires for it cause I'm on road more than off so I eat factorys up in like 2 hours of bashing. Thanks alot phill for your help.

Kevin's xb

Brass or copper will probably be the easiest to get and work with.
Thanks phill you saved me a lot of headache and money if there is anything I can do for you let me know. Thanks guy's HAPPY BASHING MY FRIENDS

G-Man

Thanks phill you saved me a lot of headache and money if there is anything I can do for you let me know. Thanks guy's HAPPY BASHING MY FRIENDS
Phill is a smart dude that I have learned alot from over the past two years being on here! That idea of making the sleeves for the hex adapters is genius!!

Phill

Phill is a smart dude that I have learned alot from over the past two years being on here! That idea of making the sleeves for the hex adapters is genius!!

Thanks for the cudos Gman but I'm by no means an expert.
I don't think we ever stop learning about these things.

Kevin's xb

Yeah I agree never stop learning. This is awesome that they have a forum like this for dummies like me. Thanks guy's

Kevin's xb

Yes sir I have learned alot in this short amount of time. I was running my buggy and the pipe in witch I had already jb weld it beforehand it broke at the weld. Time for a jetpro no better excuse than that. Lol

Phill

Yes sir I have learned alot in this short amount of time. I was running my buggy and the pipe in witch I had already jb weld it beforehand it broke at the weld. Time for a jetpro no better excuse than that. Lol

You'll love the Jetpro
May need ear muffs too LOL!

Kevin's xb

You'll love the Jetpro
May need ear muffs too LOL!
When it broke it sounded decent and it gave a tad bit more low end torque. But I know the jetpro will give me more also I have the walbro 813 on it's way don't like the little hesitation from idle from what I have heard this will fix my problem with the performance carb.

Phill

When it broke it sounded decent and it gave a tad bit more low end torque. But I know the jetpro will give me more also I have the walbro 813 on it's way don't like the little hesitation from idle from what I have heard this will fix my problem with the performance carb.

The 813 has an exciter pump.
I don't have any experience with them but have heard it makes em hard to tune.
I use a 668 on my DR

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.