• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage MT A Little Pep In Step

G-Man

So the narrow front make it steering better cause right now it's like the back is pushing the front. Don't like that I'm gonna probly get them exact tires and rims. Thanks buddy for info
Yes My DR used to push bad, these tires made a world of difference. Also, I put thicker diff oil in the front than the rear. 7K front 5K rear. Some think it is thin, but it works well for me!!

Kevin's xb

View attachment 14089 The Stern-CNC belt drive is an option. My MT does 45 mph using this belt. I have it on the Dunerunner too in the pic. I have yet to GPS the Dunerunner since install
So is the belt drive covered or is it open. I am going with the 2 speed so probably not going to invest in that but looks great on yours. thanks again for your time and help with the XB. Im not sure what the top speed is now but am curious on what it is. I had to chop the side of my body up to get the MT pipe to fit so going to order another body with the jetpro pipe. Still going to paint it flat black of course. Thanks buddy

Kevin's xb

Yes My DR used to push bad, these tires made a world of difference. Also, I put thicker diff oil in the front than the rear. 7K front 5K rear. Some think it is thin, but it works well for me!!
Ok so I'm gonna try that I'm using tranny fluid now it gives great rebound on landing and very smooth driving. I can't give it any gas while turning or it just goes straight. I have lost 2 races because of that problem. Thanks for the advice got a list to order. HAPPY BASHING MY FRIENDS.

G-Man

20180414_004315.jpg Yes Sir there is a cover for the belt. Plus the DR has thick splash guards, which I had to modify to fit over the belt cover

G-Man

20170310_175452.jpg A friend of mine is in the process of making indestructible rc bodies. I asked him to coat the belt cover for the MT with his product. Man it is so strong!!

Kevin's xb

That looks great I would love to have my new body dipped in that coating. If your friend would I would pay him for the dipping of my body if possible. Let me know. Thanks G-Man

G-Man

That looks great I would love to have my new body dipped in that coating. If your friend would I would pay him for the dipping of my body if possible. Let me know. Thanks G-Man
He will be making bodies in several scales. Not sure how many 5ths he is making though. Once he is up and running I will let you know. I'm sure he can coat a body for you. But his original bodies are made from his patented materials. Will see.

Phill

So the narrow front make it steering better cause right now it's like the back is pushing the front. Don't like that I'm gonna probly get them exact tires and rims. Thanks buddy for info

I can vouch for the narrower tyres on the front.
The big problem with the stock tyres is that the fronts are a bigger diameter than the rears so they are pushing/pulling against each other.
Ridiculous setup on a 4WD. SDC10129.JPG

Kevin's xb

I can vouch for the narrower tyres on the front.
The big problem with the stock tyres is that the fronts are a bigger diameter than the rears so they are pushing/pulling against each other.
Ridiculous setup on a 4WD. View attachment 14092
Yeah it sucks and I see that's my only option is the ramtech adapters. I have a list to order tmrw so let you know as soon as get them all in and on buggy. The grub screw come out today while bashing it was a front wheel drive it was funny as hell I drove it for about 5 min like that. Front tires are slicks so wouldn't get any traction just spin. Have a good one guys. Thanks for all the advice. HAPPY BASHING MY FRIENDS.

Phill

Yeah it sucks and I see that's my only option is the ramtech adapters. I have a list to order tmrw so let you know as soon as get them all in and on buggy. The grub screw come out today while bashing it was a front wheel drive it was funny as hell I drove it for about 5 min like that. Front tires are slicks so wouldn't get any traction just spin. Have a good one guys. Thanks for all the advice. HAPPY BASHING MY FRIENDS.

Rovan wheel hexes fit straight on the DR and are a LOT cheaper.
You use your stock pins and nuts.

Kevin's xb

Really that be great do you have a link or pics. Got to be better than what I am using. Thanks rovan wheel hex never thought of that.

Kevin's xb

So what exactly do I need can't find anything. If you could just send me a link for the parts I need to change to rovan wheels and tires. Thanks phill

Kevin's xb

I meant change my xb to rovan rims. That would open my options up a lot for the tire selection.

Kevin's xb

What would I look for on the rovan website. I didn't find anything like that and what you mean fit right on the DR.

G-Man

Really that be great do you have a link or pics. Got to be better than what I am using. Thanks rovan wheel hex never thought of that.
The DR and MT are different size. They won't work on the XB. The XB has smaller axles. Ramtec is the only one I know of who makes them. Also make sure you get the ramtec adapters for 24 mm wheels. They have ones to use stock MT wheels also.

Kevin's xb

I found the lose t-5ive 24mm wheel hexes nuts and pins will they fit my XB if so I'm gonna order as soon as someone tells me they will or want work for better wh

Wheel options is what it was supposed to say. I hope so cause the ramtech adapters not in budget but the losi wheel hexes and nuts are 27 bucks which is lot cheaper than the 69.99 plus tax. Thanks guy's

Phill

Kevin's xb

The DR and MT are different size. They won't work on the XB. The XB has smaller axles. Ramtec is the only one I know of who makes them. Also make sure you get the ramtec adapters for 24 mm wheels. They have ones to use stock MT wheels also.
G-man do you know what size my access are on my XB I'm not sure they said you know more about these things I been told. I hope there 12mm so I can use the king motor wheel hex hubs their allot cheaper. Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.