• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage MT 32cc CY question

Boomkidd

I'm curious what engine this is when looking for engine parts. Is this "CY29RC" or... I have no idea. I wanted to see if its possible to increase the displacement via larger diameter piston / head. I have no idea what options I have, or should I just save $$ for a different engine? I don't know the quality of these 2 bolt engines as the 1st one I had just died while running one day (Redcat warrantied this engine, original was a 4 bolt head *sigh*)

Thanks!

Phill

I'm curious what engine this is when looking for engine parts. Is this "CY29RC" or... I have no idea. I wanted to see if its possible to increase the displacement via larger diameter piston / head. I have no idea what options I have, or should I just save $$ for a different engine? I don't know the quality of these 2 bolt engines as the 1st one I had just died while running one day (Redcat warrantied this engine, original was a 4 bolt head *sigh*)

Thanks!

Save up and buy a Zenoah G320RC.
Much better quality and reliable

Boomkidd

Save up and buy a Zenoah G320RC.
Much better quality and reliable
Gotcha. I do plan on getting a different engine eventually but also plan on beating on the CY engine until it blows up. New engine will be maybe summer or later (Unless something blows up earlier.)
At any rate, anyone know the engine model number or whatever these go by. "CY29RC" I think is the engine name, not sure. Helps when ordering stuff as thats how DDM (for example) lists stuff for engines.

designed2survive

My advice:

Like Phill said, run it until it dies (if it dies) and buy yourself a zenoah engine. Not worth investing in the stock engine.

My stock KM Baja engine never died, I still have it laying around somewhere as an extreme backup. Yet I never put any money into it as it's not worth it in the long run.

Boomkidd

Yep, I agree 100% w/ a different engine for the future. I see a GY320RC on ebay for $210 obo, may get that and swap the flywheel etc over. Looks like it will all bolt right up.

At any rate, anyone know the engine code for this 32cc engine? CY320RC, CY29RC, CY290RC....need to know this. Thanks again!

G-Man

Yep, I agree 100% w/ a different engine for the future. I see a GY320RC on ebay for $210 obo, may get that and swap the flywheel etc over. Looks like it will all bolt right up.

At any rate, anyone know the engine code for this 32cc engine? CY320RC, CY29RC, CY290RC....need to know this. Thanks again!
I thought the MT 32 cc was a HY which is a knock off of the CY which is the knockoff of the Zenoah. So I think the Cy or hy parts will work. I had to switch my original HY fan cover and a few others things to the new Zenoah I installed...

Boomkidd

I thought the MT 32 cc was a HY which is a knock off of the CY which is the knockoff of the Zenoah. So I think the Cy or hy parts will work. I had to switch my original HY fan cover and a few others things to the new Zenoah I installed...
That's sort of why I ask. This is a Chung Yang engine. What does it go by? "CY", "HY?" I sort of thought HY and CY is the same exact thing, but again I have no clue and welcome someone knowledgeable about this to chime in.

I am sort of sketchy about these "Fulie" engines because the 1st one that came with blew up 2 months after I got it. The piston wrist pin hole broke on one side, the rod bent and that was a wrap. (Sucks they sent a 2 bolt head as a replacement when I had a 4 bolt initially...) BUT, Redcat warrantied it after sending it in. They were so impressed w/ how it looked after break in that they were questioning me if I actually performed break in completely- I had and was running in normlly at that point. I watched that OBR video on break in and followed it to a 'T'

At any rate, someone chime in w/ what engine code this 32CC engine is please!

Phill

A Zenoah 32cc is a G320RC
Dunno about CYs cause I wouldn't touch the crap

Phill

As far as I know about the only interchangeable parts are the fan cover and coil.
Zenoah is a completely different animal.
As far as I know Fuellie is HY or CY

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts