• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage CVD's

str8jailbird

Well, after installing the CVD's I broke one of the rears. I landed a small (12 inch) jump and the truck hit rear end first when it landed. After the landing I noticed poor acceleration and then it hit me the rear wheels weren't spinning in the gravel. Thought I snapped a dif pin but it ended up being one of the CVD's (left rear) that broke. The shaft snapped the end off where it goes into the axle. Installed the stock (upgrade kit) axles and dogbones on the rear and am gonna see how long the last. Pretty disappointing considering the are $60.00 a set.

kryptonite

wow. second one i seen with cvd's that went bad, brkln posted he busted an mcd shaft.. i havent had a problem with my stockers so i think im just gona get some back ups.. i really wanted the cvd's too.

Bklyn77

That is crazy because I broke my MCD dogbone on the left rear. Must be something with the left rear of the truck when on power.

str8jailbird

Nope, definitely not locked. I am thinking that it is the weights distribution on the truck that makes the left rear come down first and then with all the rotating mass it has to go somewhere and the driveshaft/dog bone is the weakest point that snaps under the strain.

jigawatt

glad I read a post before even thinking about buying CVD's for my buggy. No sense in spending that much dough if its gonna break in the near future.

max 1

jigawatt said:
glad I Read A Post Before Even Thinking About Buying Cvd's For My Buggy. No Sense In Spending That Much Dough If Its Gonna Break In The Near Future.
I Just Bout 2 Cvds Going To Put Them In I Ll Let U Now How The Work .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts