• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage buyer advise please.

QIK-RX4

OK guys,

I am looking into getting a rampage buggy for bashing.

I will want to fit a GP290 engine, decent tune pipe that fits on the buggy, baja 5B pod filter, 8000 rpm clutch spring as well as upgrade the radio and have gears that will give me good mid to top end speed.

What I would like to find out is constructive input from those who own the buggy if the drive line will handle running a larger engine and hold up to being used as a basher.

In saying this i don't drive my 5B to its limits everytime, nor do I go out with the intention to kill it. I would just like to have a second buggy that is going to be reliable as my baja (just bends shocks now) that i can run all day without touching it to fix.

What concerns me is the front and rear diff's and the C cup drives.

I am already making an alloy upgrade parts list to be bought and fitted before I start the buggy.

I don't want to sound or be negative by any means.

My reasons for this is that in the last 8 months have pored around $2400 into a titan and I'm not happy. To hard to get parts for it and those that do sell alloy upgrades are well and truly over priced and don't want to help in any way.

Thanks for reading,

QIK.

P.S. I don't have a problem with making things or fixing as well..

Here s a pic of my mod'd titan:

IMG_2070.jpg

IMG_1638.jpg

Sprint 77

Contributor
I think you are on the right track. The buggy having less rotating mass in tires seems to handle big bore motors without breaking parts a lot better than the MT. Maybe in addition to your mention above pick up Rob's steel gear for the idler and input gear.

I am working on some chassis stiffeners and chromoly roll cage , a pipe combo too.

RampageHopUps

Get the aluminum gear plate and then some better bearings, and MCD dogbones if you start breaking the stockers. The drivecups seem to be holding up, only a few have broken so far.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.