• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rallye Pipe & Engine Choices..

monsterman

Well I don't have much to work with pipe wise at least not for the Rally, I am going to try the X-Can first.. I also have a Jet Pro Track Pipe "Hpi Baja 5B" rear pipe that might work not sure but maybe. We'll see tomorrow.. Anyone else have any other idea's as to On road pipes that might work on the Rally?

And another thought, how about upgrading the stock 23cc to something larger? What would be overkill for an on road car?

Last edited by a moderator:

monsterman

Ok so I got real bored today and broke out the 5B & 5T pipes.. Out of all the pipes I have, V RC, Rear Dom, Jet Pro Track Pipe, Jet Pro 5T pipe, the only one that fit was the Jet Pro Dual Bleed although it isnt a great match! But it does work :lol:

I ran 2 tanks at idle and brought the motor up to temp couldnt run it since my Throttle Linkage was MIA out of the box :( But will be here this week. I just had to hear the pipe on this thing!!

I did talk to a buddy of mine at the hobby shop today, he said to go with a Samba or Jet Pro pipe.. The Samba pipes seem to be the best choice but the price tag hurts $300+..

Here's some pictures..

Fresh out of the box..

IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

monsterman

Jet Pro Dual Bleed "For Hpi Baja" :D

Yeah its butt ugly but was a cool idea, it almost bolts right up too!!!

IMG_1161.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

The Jet Pro 5T pipe actually fits just as well also but you will have to cut out most if not all of the front windsheild to get it to really fit right and thats something I cannot get myself to do to that Rally Car body 8)

monsterman

The Samba and Jet Pro pipes that are actually made for the Rally mount on the pull start side also which is a better location for the pipe because the side pipes wont allow you to get to the gears mounted on the left side..

I also found out that the MCD metal gears will work on the Rally. I am also looking at the MCD Rally Servo Plate and Gear Carrier's they are exactly the same or real close from what I saw today..

We should be able to use this to replace the Rally's stock plate, and run dual steerign servos.. From what I saw on my friends MCD they are real close all the blue Rally parts come off and this goe sin their place

http://www.largescalerc.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2153

And then this gear carrier will replace the plastic stock carrier I feel that there will be way to much flex in the plastic gear carrier..

http://www.largescalerc.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1812

kryptonite

$174 just to have dual servos? on a road car? the redcat duall servo kit should be up soon enough and i bet it wont be more then 30-40 tops.. are you sure that gear plate will work? i am so glad i went with redcat. that gear plate is $300.. don't mean to bust your bubble, but heres one for $60.(alum) http://www.rampagehopups.com/product.sc?categoryId=6&productId=266

the blue one is in stock, but no pic. for an extra $15 you can add fast eddy bearings

monsterman

kryptonite said:
$174 just to have dual servos? on a road car? the redcat duall servo kit should be up soon enough and i bet it wont be more then 30-40 tops.. are you sure that gear plate will work? i am so glad i went with redcat. that gear plate is $300.. don't mean to bust your bubble, but heres one for $60.(alum) http://www.rampagehopups.com/product.sc?categoryId=6&productId=266
the blue one is in stock, but no pic. for an extra $15 you can add fast eddy bearings
Well the Redcat brand is all new to me so I have not had the time to look around for hop up parts and do any sort of digging. I am starting all over again 8)! I could tell you everything and anything about parts for the Baja though!!

Anyhow I must of over looked that Gear Carrier on RampageHopups! That looks just as good and cheaper. Out of the box I was just looking for weak points and parts that would or might need replacing or upgrading. I have rich friends what can I say and they all run FG and MCD's so parts would be easy to get new or used and they don't care for anything cheaper then their FG's and MCD's so they just were helping me compare parts on each vechile...

Thanks for the info!

kryptonite

hey chris. no problem man. we don't have the "flexing" issue with the gear plates like in the baja's as they are atached from bottom and top, but what we do have a problem with is the heat has no were to go with the plastic gear plate so its transfered right to the weakest gears(c/d) cousing them to melt. thats why the alum gear plate and fast eddy bearings are needed. redcat has also brought us a full line of alum gears that should be here shortly. you'll need them. they should be pretty affordable if rob has anything to do with it:D. i wouldnt suspect you to not have any diff problems, but the plastic suspension arm holders rip the little nipples off pretty easly on the off roads. you can replace with the optional redcats or RAMtech's

http://www.rampagehopups.com/product.sc?categoryId=6&productId=338

http://www.rampagehopups.com/product.sc?categoryId=5&productId=340

i think you should be good with the basics like alum center diff holders too. i think the on-roads are pretty durable, but im sure that shell wont last long if its anything like the others(sadly). what tires are you going to run after those go out? im thinking the pmt's, maybe the 20's would be great and last a good while on all 4's.. and for shock oils? in my on-roads i was running fg 7,000 in the front and 3,000 in the rear, but i would go less with the 4wd's. if i had to guess maybe 2,00 on all 4's and adjust the front as needed. it sucks we don't have sway bars. that would help out alot. good luck and keep us posted on the progress

387mudslinger

Contributor
i run a 27cc in my rally car and its too much if u hit the gas just right it spins the tires and violently shakes the car, then the wheels start to hope and jump 6 tanks and i need tires soon if you wont to now more let me now

monsterman

387mudslinger said:
i run a 27cc in my rally car and its too much if u hit the gas just right it spins the tires and violently shakes the car, then the wheels start to hope and jump 6 tanks and i need tires soon if you wont to now more let me now
Ya gotta post some video of that!! I have a CC Racing Pro Mod motor thats been sitting on the shelf just calling me I am more then sure thats going to be overkill for the Rally but it sure will be cool to watch RUBBER FLY :D

I am going to stick with the stock 23cc I flipped the clutch shoes around and replaced the stock spring with a RED Hpi 8K spring. Going to run everything else stock for now to see what kind of abuse the Rally can take and what will and wont break. I've looked over the car for the past couple of days, I don't think there are to many parts that will break on it. It looks good to me I cannot wait to run it. I'll be sure to post video and get pictures up too..

kryptonite

i think a week spot would be the body. try not to pull a "mudslinger" and drive it into the curb. post up some vid when you can chris. love seein the on-roads.

monsterman

kryptonite said:
i think a week spot would be the body. try not to pull a "mudslinger" and drive it into the curb. post up some vid when you can chris. love seein the on-roads.
I'm going to give it hell thats for sure but I will stay well away from those curbs and sewers!! Ask anyone I hate it when my stuff gets broke! Especially when its my fault!

kryptonite

emu67 said:
Speaking of breaking - how come Redcat didn't include a roll cage. One flip over and kiss your plug good bye.
on-roads don't really flip over. im thinking the hbz roll cage hoop would fit, but im not sure. there made for the tt/mt. but after looking at pics, there is a good amount of room between the the body and plug. if you hit the roof that hard you'll probly have other issues to worry about besides a $4 plug..

DemonRC

Your gonna live that pipe man. I've owned or borrowed just about every pipe available to the Baja except for the TGN pipe. It's as good as the best of the Baja pipes.

Also, the HBZ rollcage will fit. The top of the rollcage hoop is flush with the top of the spark plug boot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts