• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rally with some Mods

Bulldogger

Okay after trying to decide between this and the Losi WRC, I went with another Redcat. Too be honest I have always had really good luck with Redcat's and only minor issues like a bearing going south and that is usually the factory ones not aftermarket. That plus the cost of the Losi was pretty high and the body is like $300 unpainted to replace if you damage it, and you always damage it.

Anyway built this XR, and went with the metal gear plate and lay shaft, metal steering servo mount, metal top plate and metal center differential mount. For radio gear I went with Hitec 5755 steering servo and Hitec 5645 throttle/brake servo both with metal horns. I also went with the Losi DX2E with AVC receiver for fun.

Going to break it in and do some speed runs, then I am going to switch out the exhaust to the Jetpro and see what I gain in top speed.

DSC_2404_zpsy3qdxwak.jpg

DSC_2405_zpsopgugace.jpg

Bulldogger

RampageHopUps said:
Yeah, it's hard to beat the XR on price and funability.
Especially with you as a dealer and your customer service. :D

Always a pleasure to buy from you.

Looking forward to see what that Jetpro pipe is going to do....

Ice_2k

Looks great, enjoy it! As far as the JetPro is concerned, I don't think you're gonna get much in terms of top speed. I also went with the JetPro on my DuneRunner and, while it did make a huge difference in terms of power and low rpm grunt, the top revs didn't really change much (a little over 16000rpm in the summer and about 16700rpm since it got cold). You'll probably need to get some higher gear ratio if you want more speed. I'm running 0.987 ratio and 16.700rpm translates to a little under 40mph with the tarmac busters (they're a little smaller than the stock wheels, so top speed is a little lower).

Last edited by a moderator:

Ice_2k

The DR for example has 29/31/26/24. I can swap the first two for more speed or the last two for more torque. Depending on your gears, you can do something similar or you can get gears from other rampage vehicles. The MT for instance has 25/35/25/25 which is a very high torque 1.4 ratio. Swapping the first two would give a very high speed ratio.

designed2survive

Rear pipes are mostly for low to mid. A side jetpro pipe gives a lot in top without giving up barely anything down low.

Rig looks good and I'm sure you already have replacing the air filter on your list.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bulldogger

I have a Baja filter set-up but was looking at the factory one and it doesn't seem bad. Do you think the Baja one will make a big difference? Also I have the Jetpro pipe that was designed for the rally.

Bulldogger

Baja filter installed had to trim the bottom of the HPI filter plastic in the very front to clear the servo arm, but it is ready to go, just need a clear day to start break-in and tuning:D

Bulldogger

RampageHopUps said:
Move the linkage to the underside of the arm, you will get more clearance.
I did that also, still hit, dremelled off a small amount for clearance, want to make sure there in no binding or catching.

smkn951

what is the part number for the air filter and adapter? where did you get it? i need to change the stock one.

Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.