• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Raise Dunerunner rear

Ice_2k

Hey guys, anyone know of a mod that would allow me to raise my dunerunner's rear? It's sitting quite a bit lower than the front (even more so since I added the gigantic jetpro exhaust hanging from the rear) and it's way softer (pushing on the rear with my hand and you can barely feel it push back, much softer than the front, probably because of the extra weight). Except for the visual problem, it's hurting my handling, it's always raising one of the front wheels of the ground. Are there any other harder springs available that fit the DR?

Thanks!

Ice_2k

Hmm... I'm not sure why that would work... there is nothing heavy on the hpi front (not even front dogbones, diff etc), why would that be ok for the rear of the redcat that holds the engine, exhaust, rear & center diff etc?...

rcgasser said:
Because on the HPI rear they use a long and a short. I would guess for the redcat you would just need just the long one.
Wouldn't using just one make it a lot softer than if you were using both (and compressed them to ~ the same length?

Ice_2k

@Rob Regarding the ones with +20%, do you use both springs or just the long one?

designed2survive

post the measurements of your rear spring. When I get home I'll do the same for both front and rear Baja springs.

designed2survive

Ice_2k said:
11.5cm with the car off the ground and 10cm with the car on the ground.
Baja front spring 14cm

Rear lower 11cm

Rear upper 4cm

You said 11.5 cm off the ground. That means that's the max you can get with longer springs with the car on the ground (in your current setup).

So,

If you go with the front baja springs you'll most likely get that 11.5cm with the car on the ground.

That being said it's hit or miss when it comes to how harder the supension will be. It will be an improvement over DR stock springs but:

1- will it be enough to your liking?

2- will it be too hard?

3- are the +20% DDM front springs the ones to go for?

4- will they be too hard?

The only way to know is to actually try at least one of the options.

Sorry I'm bringing more questions than answers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ice_2k

That's useful info, thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts