• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Radio System

noyb98098

Hello All-

Took the MT out for about 4 hrs of hard jumping and and pretty rough terrain at a construction site and can finally say it's RELIABLE! Didnt need one tool the entire time I was out...(aside from a blown rear shock which I now have replaced with a spare front one:cool:) But once replaced I was back at it. My problem doesn't relate directly to the MT it's my radio gear, I have the Spektrum DX3 and I have to say the range on this thing is horrible and the controls seem glitchy, nothing like the stablilty of my Futuba for the Baja. I was thinking about getting the Nomadio, does anyone use this or have experince with it on the Rampage or any other RC Truck/Car?

emu67

I have the nomadio and it's a fantastic radio. I love he telemetry on it so I always know what the voltages are in my radio and the receiver batt. I like the temp read out for the engine too. Distance on it is great and it never breaks the connection. I've never had it glitch either.

Downside to nomadio is that they are reducing their production on the hobby radio because their military contracts are taking precedence. Have a read on the forums at nomadio.net for that.

BTW - the Futaba FAAst system is based of off the Nomadio, or so it's been alluded to by the radio forums a couple of years ago. They don't have telemetry though.

emu67

Larger than "standard" receivers? They seem to be about the same sze. The original recievers were big but that was something like 5 years ago. The ones they sell now fit with plenty of room in the radio box. I can't say that replacements are hard to come by since I haven't purchased a new reciever for 4 years now. The nomadio are sofware driven, too, so it's better if you're comfortable with PC's.

noyb98098

emu67 said:
Larger than "standard" receivers? They seem to be about the same sze. The original recievers were big but that was something like 5 years ago. The ones they sell now fit with plenty of room in the radio box. I can't say that replacements are hard to come by since I haven't purchased a new reciever for 4 years now. The nomadio are sofware driven, too, so it's better if you're comfortable with PC's.
Cool! I work with PC's so this sounds like the right choice for me, does the company provide updates for the controller?

emu67

Last I heard, they were providing software updates but I heard rumors that they would be charging for them in the future. Not sure what's happened lately. I haven't updated mine for about 1 year and they haven't put out an update since then.

If you get one, I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. My RC's are on Nomadio's and I can't imagine running a vehicle without the voltage and temp sensors.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts