• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

racing walbro Wt-1048 big bore

Sergio

Hi guys i wanted to ask if anybody use this on a red cat is it possible Will it make a difference?

rampage idiot

Thats big I have not heard of any one using it, you planning on putting it on a stock motor or a built up one ? I think it would be fine on a built motor,there are a couple guys on here that really seem to know there crap on carbs hopefully one of them will chime in and maybe have tryed one.Good luck let us know how it works

G

I noticed gizmo's is pushing them. I'm not a carb guy, so Ill wait until some one else runs one. :)

larryo

This is true no primer bulb and no choke i use this carb on my boat engines,and the carb works good on mod engines and stock.I use this carb on a self mod 29.5 zen in one of my boats.

Sergio said:
As far as i read no primer bulb and no choke.

Sergio

larryo said:
This is true no primer bulb and no choke i use this carb on my boat engines,and the carb works good on mod engines and stock.I use this carb on a self mod 29.5 zen in one of my boats.
so do you think it will work on my stock engine of my Mt is it a pain to start it?

larryo

Hi hard to say all i can tell you is once i have my zen with the 1048 carb started there is no priming are that.First pluck and in the water it goes and when i stop it and refuel it start on its with one or two pulls.

You can use a small shot of quick start in the air filter and it should start easy,

Sergio said:
so do you think it will work on my stock engine of my Mt is it a pain to start it?

larryo

You'll have to put a swing arm on the butterfly shaft because it does not have the hole in it.

jeffp83

Read about these on the baja forum and they sound pretty good. As far as starting goes, this method that someone posted sounds easy enough: wrap the air filter in saran wrap or a plastic bag and then pull the starter over slowly until fuel reaches the carb. Pull until you hear the engine pop then remove the wrap from the filter and pull until it starts. You will only have to do this at the beginning of your day.

I was thinking about trying the 257 carb next year, similar to the 1048 with a smaller opening but only $27 at gizmos. And I think you need to buy his billet clamping arm for the throttle shaft.

G

It would be fun to try, but I currently love the 990. Maybe I'll pick on up just for comparison. Trying new things is what I like the most about this hobby.

98cruiser

RCDAD said:
It would be fun to try, but I currently love the 990. Maybe I'll pick on up just for comparison. Trying new things is what I like the most about this hobby.
RC, whats the difference between the walbro 813 and the 990?? Im putting together my ESP 30.5 motor head, which would be the best? And y?

rampage idiot

98cruiser said:
RC, whats the difference between the walbro 813 and the 990?? Im putting together my ESP 30.5 motor head, which would be the best? And y?
The 813 has an accelerator pump and no choke like the 990 but there have alot of rumors out there that the 813 has throttle shaft problems. I have an 813 but never tryed it yet I run a 990 on my ESP

Kevin's xb

Hi guys I have a Rovan 360FT 36cc it's a buggy/truck and I want y'alls oppinion on the wt 257 or the wt 1048 what yall think. The motor is ridiculously torquey and pretty good top end but anyways it has the 1191 or 1107 not sure. 2019 model going to do a few upgrades, carb first then maybe a 3 speed auto tranny. 2nd fifth scale first was a Redcat Rampage XB. . . . don't wast money on it only thing decent is the motor. Sorry Thanks guys, any In-Put is welcome. HAAAPPPPPYYY BRAPPIN

Kevin Breeden

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online