• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Quick Question related to the 6V 5000mah Receiver Battery?

Yannik

Hi Guys,

I feel a bit stupid to ask this question but hey, I need to know! There are 2 plugs on this Ni-MH Battery although I always used the "bigger plug" with the white or clear plastic tip (I think its Futaba but not sure) to connect to the charger. I have a new Imax B6 charger but there's no where I can connect the bigger plug to my charger and the extra plugs I have are not compatible!

My Question is: Can I use only the smaller plug (you see on the photo) of the battery to connect to the charger in order to recharge it full?

Here's (Below) A Photo Of The DDM "Black Magic" Ni-MH 6v, 5000mah Hump Receiver Battery Pack:

View attachment 7838

Last edited by a moderator:

RampageHopUps

The Futaba wires are thicker and will be safer to charge from. Don't you have the original Redcat charger with the Futaba plug? Just cut the wires about a foot long and use that for a charging cord.

Yannik

RampageHopUps said:
The Futaba wires are thicker and will be safer to charge from. Don't you have the original Redcat charger with the Futaba plug? Just cut the wires about a foot long and use that for a charging cord.
I think so but I would have to look hard and I was also told not to use it because it took a long time & could damage the battery as it was cheap! I bought a charger for that and my Lipos for my Drone! If I can use the small wire plug safely, I am fine with it! What kind of plug would I need in order to use to bigger one on the battery?

RampageHopUps

OK. I meant take the old charger and cut the wire about a foot from the white plug. Throw out the transformer.

Then use that white Futaba plug wire as an adapter. Do you have a soldering iron?

RampageHopUps

Never mind. The Baja comes with the Futaba plug. I'm not sure what Redcat ships now with new trucks.

My Bad!!

Yannik

Yes Tamya to banana plug....I just ordered the plug on eBay! For now, I can use the smaller wire on the receiver battery & connect it to the charger in order to recharge the battery right?

Thanks ;)

Ice_2k

Quick Question related to the 6V 5000mah Receiver Battery?

You can use the smaller one but don't charge it at very high current.

I had the same problem, I just cut off the tamyia connector from the battery (don't cut both wires at once as you can cause a short!) and welded a Deans connector

Last edited by a moderator:

ika

stock wire is enough , don't need to modify.

I have tested on 10 amp usage , my dual servos drain 10amp without any problem.

Just leave and play.

Yannik

Thank you so much! I'm recharging a 6V, 5000mah battery at 1.5 Amp although what I don't understand is after 120 min, the charger started to beep (which I've been told its normal) so I pushed start again and it continued to charge the battery but it is taking forever, is it normal that it takes lots of time? How long does it take for you guys to charge one at 1.5 Amp?

My Model Of Charger: Imax B6 Charger.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts