• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Quick Question: HPI axles on Rampage

jigawatt

alrighty, I've thrown the axles on it, have the tires/wheels combo and now I've come to a little issue.

Aren't the wheels supposed to cover the pins so that they don't come out from driving?

yolonda21

Contributor
There are set screws in the ends of the axles to hold the pins in, and its also a good idea to grind flat spots in the pins to help stop them from coming out....♥

jigawatt

well there used to be set screws I guess, that kinda explains why the old ones slipped right out

kryptonite

ya, the set screws are in there. its a 1.5mm i think. i don't loc-tite the setscrew couse it strips easy, but i loc-tite the pin inside the hub. also grinding down a flat spot will insure they wont slip out

jigawatt

I always thought it was weird... there were never screws in there when I bought the buggy... the pins fell out when I popped this thing outta the box!

Alrighty... gonna take note! Thanks for the input, I knew something was off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts