• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Quick question about diff's and parts.

Clubin

Banned
I thought I ordered everything I needed, but?

This is what I ordered:

50031 Diff joint cup

50064 Front/Rear diff shell set

50067 Front/Rear diff gear set

50071 Front rear crown gear

Bearings I have from a MCD bearing set

What appears to be missing is the cross pins that go through the diff joint cup and sit into the side gears. In the gear set there are 2 pins but it appears they are dog bone pins because they are too big and too long, but they look like dog bone pins.

The pins I need to complete building the diff are not part of any of the numbers I ordered? I would think they should be part of the Gear set.

Or was somthing messed up with the gear set parts?

Gas Jocky

The pins that come with the gear set 50067 are the right ones, sometimes they are a struggle to get in but they do fit. On the crown side I tap, pry what ever needs to be done to get it started.

Clubin

Banned
Gas Jocky said:
The pins that come with the gear set 50067 are the right ones, sometimes they are a struggle to get in but they do fit. On the crown side I tap, pry what ever needs to be done to get it started.
OK, so it appears I got a set of dog bone pins in my diff gear set.

Here are siome pictures. Am I correct in this assumption.

Here is the diff gear set, not in the picture is the 4 bolts,2 o rings and grub screw.

misc019.jpg

pin diameter 4mm

pin length 21.7mm

a picture compared to a spider gear

misc016.jpg

I think I am going to have to contact Dave's and see if I was the only one that got a screwed up set.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vancouver Hobbies

Clubin Clubin Clubin...you ordered from Dave's and not from me? Tsk tsk. Just kidding.

Because I'm such a nice guy, I had already included some hardened diff pins in the box with your MT5. My Spidy sense must have been tingling and I knew you'd need those pins :)

Clubin

Banned
Vancouver Hobbies said:
Clubin Clubin Clubin...you ordered from Dave's and not from me? Tsk tsk. Just kidding.
Because I'm such a nice guy, I had already included some hardened diff pins in the box with your MT5. My Spidy sense must have been tingling and I knew you'd need those pins :)
:eek:Sorry:eek: But.... They were having a sale and I bought a few other things. Race ported cylinder, aluminum starter paul, aluminum intake manifold, I just thought AH I screwed up sorry Rob. LOL

RampageHopUps

If you bought the truck from me, I would have thrown in the upgrade kit, that has larger diff pins for the gears!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts