• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Quick Access Plug Mod

Shvelle

To properly tune these engines, it is necessary to 'read' the plug. I wanted a faster way to get to the plug, so I came up with this. Took about 15 minutes - including the time to find suitable screws. I can now access the plug in 2 seconds.

G

That's pretty cool. I offset mine so it's just out of the way.

-

4986e5d9.jpg

G

RCDAD - is that an all custom metal cage? (that will be my next step)
No not custom. It is just the Redcat aluminum version. I deanodized it long with all the other parts.

G

Greased lightning works great and not too toxic. Ii can be bought at Lowes, if you have those in your area. Harder pieces with more details, like gear plates, I use oven cleaner.

cordy

You can use drano. Get an old coffee can put in luke warm water.Use a coat hanger to hold your part,pour in the drano,dip your part up and down ,it will bubble,when the color is off rinse in cold water,then polish with steel wool. CAUTION,this process is dangerous,please wear eye protection,and rubber gloves. This stuff has no friends and will eat a hole right into your body.Do this at your own risk!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts