• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Question related to oil: Bel Ray" H1R full synthetic

Yannik

Hi Guys,

I have two questions I would really appreciate some answers!

1) I just bought some new oil called: "Bel Ray" H1R Full Synthetic for my Rampage MT but I'm not sure about the ratio when it comes to mix it with gas?

2) At the Link below, on the Oil Maintenance Page, when changing or cleaning the Oil Filter, it is recommended to apply a certain grease as showed on Photo #2 to the foam edge on side facing filter sleeve. Do You know what kind of thick grease is that?? I would really to know where I can get it. It makes a seal at the bottom so dirt won't get in!

Thanks in advance :)

The Link:
http://www.asaad.com/oilfilter.htm

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffp83

I run that same oil, expensive but keeps the engines squeaky clean! I would run 25:1. As far as the filter grease goes I used to use a heavy duty wheel bearing grease that I found at the automotive shop.... it was about $6 for a tub and will last you a lifetime.

Dreggsta

vaseline should be fine. i put vaseline between gaskets & mating surfaces sometimes when i know i will be seperating the 2 parts again soon. this way they won't stick but they will be protected. you should be good serg.

Michaels12

Question 1

If you want a 25:1 ratio

There are 128 oz to a gallon

Divide by 25= 5.12

That is the oz/ gallon.

Liter = 1000ml divided by 25 = 40ml oil per liter.

Question2

The grease is just a seal, and it forces the air to flow through the less restrictive parts of the filter.

Some use non petrol base because it doesn't degrade filter media over time, but that a bit of overkill.

My penny's worth

Yannik

Hi Guys,

Thank You so Much jeffp83,Dreggsta, Sergio, Cordy, BertR, Michaels12,etc. I truly appreciate all the help, tips and comments! :D

Is it me or the servos are always making a little bit of sound? :eek: It's like they're always fighting against each others a bit! Again, thanks guys!

Yannik

jeffp83 said:
I run that same oil, expensive but keeps the engines squeaky clean! I would run 25:1. As far as the filter grease goes I used to use a heavy duty wheel bearing grease that I found at the automotive shop.... it was about $6 for a tub and will last you a lifetime.
Hi Jeff,

Yes it is a bit expensive but I heard it's good oil. On the oil bottle it says 40:1 but I will go with what you said! About the grease, thanks for the tip, I will try that! When you mix your oil with gas, do you use a big bottle? Do you also make sure that the gas and oil are very well mix together before you put it in your Tank?? :)

Yannik

Michaels12 said:
Question 1If you want a 25:1 ratio

There are 128 oz to a gallon

Divide by 25= 5.12

That is the oz/ gallon.

Liter = 1000ml divided by 25 = 40ml oil per liter.

Question2

The grease is just a seal, and it forces the air to flow through the less restrictive parts of the filter.

Some use non petrol base because it doesn't degrade filter media over time, but that a bit of overkill.

My penny's worth
Hi Michael,

I was looking at the calculation that you did related to mixing oil and gas at a ratio of 25:1 and judging by what I'm seeing, please correct me if I'm wrong, it takes: 40ml of oil per liter of gas or 5.12 oz of oil per gallon?

Thanks bro! :)

rampagemt

You are very correct sir.! 5.12 oz oil is a 25/1 ratio. That is what is the norm. For our application some run more/less

Michaels12

Yes .... And to verify

1 gallon is 3.785 Liters or 3785ml

3785 divided by 25 = 151.4ml ( 1ml is 0.0338 US fluid oz)

151.4 x .0338 = 5.11732 oz

For hobby application the 25:1 should yield max ring and bearing life.

On the other end, for max performance some run leaner ratios.

It's somewhat subjective, depending on configuration of the engine, and the quality of the components.

I just give the container a good slosh before filling a 2 stroke. :)

Understand the ratio concept, but don't over think it...... There is much more to learn

Above all....enjoy the run!

blak__jak

yannik to answer your servo question your best bet when first getting an m/t or anything with duel servos is to pull off the servo arms turn the t/x and r/x on and let the servos center themselves then reinstall the arms as close to 90 degrees and even with each other as possible, you may have to adjust the steering linkage at this point to get it right, this should eliminate the buzzing and any pressure they were placing on each other.

jeffp83

Yannik said:
Hi Jeff,Yes it is a bit expensive but I heard it's good oil. On the oil bottle it says 40:1 but I will go with what you said! About the grease, thanks for the tip, I will try that! When you mix your oil with gas, do you use a big bottle? Do you also make sure that the gas and oil are very well mix together before you put it in your Tank?? :)
I use a 2.5 gallon fuel can, fill it up and add the oil and give it a good shake. I also shake the 2 stroke oil bottle first before I add it to the gas. I shake the gas/oil mixture well before I add it to the tank in the truck.

Dreggsta

jeffp83 said:
I use a 2.5 gallon fuel can, fill it up and add the oil and give it a good shake. I also shake the 2 stroke oil bottle first before I add it to the gas. I shake the gas/oil mixture well before I add it to the tank in the truck.
i do the same procedure but i add my oil first & then measure the gas by whatthe pump says. i use a gallon can so i add oil per gallon. like it really matters tho. :)

Yannik

jeffp83 said:
Thank You very Much for answering all my questions jeffp83, Dreggsta, Michaels12, Rampagemt blak__jak, etc. I appreciated all the help and advice!

1) Do you guys find that the Rampage MT Pro is tough like durable or the parts break easily??

2) How long do you last with a full tank of gas??

3) Do you find a difference in performance if you use Supreme Gas instead of Regular Gas??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.