• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Question related to charging batteries?

Yannik69

Hi,
I have an Onyx 220 Battery Charger and I'm now charging a 6 Volt 5000Mah Receiver Battery at 1A and it's been a few hours already and at 300 Minutes, the charger will Start Beeping, Not because the Battery is Fully Charge But because 300 min is the limit time for some reason! Now, my Question Is: Do I Start It Again So It Continue Charging The Rest Of The Battery? Have You Had A Similar Experience? Let Me Know?
Thanks,
Yannik

Jammer55826

Is the receiver battery a lipo of LiFe? My charger has a cutoff of 120 minutes. When balance charging lipo's or LiFe's, the battery pack will continue where it left off if you start it again.

G-Man

Hi,
I have an Onyx 220 Battery Charger and I'm now charging a 6 Volt 5000Mah Receiver Battery at 1A and it's been a few hours already and at 300 Minutes, the charger will Start Beeping, Not because the Battery is Fully Charge But because 300 min is the limit time for some reason! Now, my Question Is: Do I Start It Again So It Continue Charging The Rest Of The Battery? Have You Had A Similar Experience? Let Me Know?
Thanks,
Yannik
You can charge that battery up to 5 amps. The rule of thumb for most batteries is charging at 1C which in your case it is a 5000 mah battery so charging would be 5 amps. Example: A 2700 mah battery can be charged at a 2.7 amp charge rate safely. 2000 mah= 2.0 amps and so on. The reason it is taking so long is the low 1 amp charge you are giving it. More or less you are trickle charging it

Yannik69

You can charge your battery at 50% of its capacity without risk to the battery.
Thank you! :D

You can charge that battery up to 5 amps. The rule of thumb for most batteries is charging at 1C which in your case it is a 5000 mah battery so charging would be 5 amps. Example: A 2700 mah battery can be charged at a 2.7 amp charge rate safely. 2000 mah= 2.0 amps and so on. The reason it is taking so long is the low 1 amp charge you are giving it. More or less you are trickle charging it

Thank you very much for the info! Charging the battery at 5A which is max, is it not hard on the battery to do so?
Many people told me not to charge too fast so should I just be safe and charging it at either 3A or 4A instead?

I also have an Off Topic Question, my local hobby shop refilled my tank with gas mix but I noticed that it has more fume coming from the muffler pipe, not a lot but a bit more than usual, is it bad for the engine?

G-Man

Thank you very much for the info! Charging the battery at 5A which is max, is it not hard on the battery to do so?
Many people told me not to charge too fast so should I just be safe and charging it at either 3A or 4A instead?
Charging at 1C which is 5 amps on a 5000 mah battery is fine for it. Sure lower amp charging may stretch the life out more, but 1C is just fine and charges fast enough. Any more than 5 amps, yes it puts stress on the battery shortening it's life

I also have an Off Topic Question, my local hobby shop refilled my tank with gas mix but I noticed that it has more fume coming from the muffler pipe, not a lot but a bit more than usual, is it bad for the engine?
Are you talking about smoke coming from the pipe? If so, no. More smoke means it is rich, which isn't bad other than fowling spark plugs. Maybe they used a different brand oil than you did. Some oils smoke more than others

Yannik69

Are you talking about smoke coming from the pipe? If so, no. More smoke means it is rich, which isn't bad other than fowling spark plugs. Maybe they used a different brand oil than you did. Some oils smoke more than others

Yes it is! Do you know if Oil can expire? I have an Oil Quart that is at least 2-3 years old, I don't know if I should use it?

G-Man

Yes it is! Do you know if Oil can expire? I have an Oil Quart that is at least 2-3 years old, I don't know if I should use it?
I wouldn't use it. I know for sure any 2 stroke oil that has castor oil in it separates very quickly. I've mixed a gallon up used a few tanks from it and a week later look in it it has separated. It was still fine, just needed shook up. Now 2-3 years old, I wouldn't chance it.

Yannik69

Thank You So Much G-Man, I Appreciated!

sunoco

castors build up so much junk in an expansion chamber -- even a hot tank will not remove it.-- no thanks. Me?-- redline 2 cycle oil. the red bottle-- 25 to one.--- or-- perhaps motul 800-- its harder to find though.--- redline is the ONLY brand that gets 2 motors- mikes the parts-- runs the living daylights outta them-- disassembles them-- re mikes the parts-- and allows the public to view results-- redline wears the lower rod bearing about 7 times than the first loser-- that would be maxima 927. redlines suspension fluids - not to be used in redcats- are vastly better than most suspension fluids also.-- no kerosene- mineral oil in redline suspension fluids..

Yannik69

castors build up so much junk in an expansion chamber -- even a hot tank will not remove it.-- no thanks. Me?-- redline 2 cycle oil. the red bottle-- 25 to one.--- or-- perhaps motul 800-- its harder to find though.--- redline is the ONLY brand that gets 2 motors- mikes the parts-- runs the living daylights outta them-- disassembles them-- re mikes the parts-- and allows the public to view results-- redline wears the lower rod bearing about 7 times than the first loser-- that would be maxima 927. redlines suspension fluids - not to be used in redcats- are vastly better than most suspension fluids also.-- no kerosene- mineral oil in redline suspension fluids..

Do You Know What Kind Of 2 Stroke Engine Oil Mix Brands Is Better For RC Redcat Rampage??

Thanks!!!

sunoco

should have said- redline oil has 7 times less wear on the lower connecting rod than other oil- 927. i use redline 2 cycle oil.- in the rc cars- chain saws motorcycles-- any good motorcycle shop can get this oil for users.-- saying what is best is opening up a pandoras box-- try redline- watch how fast it mixes with gas- in a clear comtainer- castor has issues i cold weather- issues with race gas- castor oil is best used for infants with digestion issues-- lol-- just kidding.

G-Man

20180420_214819.jpg That's 18 months of carbon using Maxima Castor 927 at 25:1. There is very minimal cylinder wall and piston skirt wear. The carbon deposit doesn't even seem too bad to me. I've seen guys piston tops have 3mm of carbon the whole way across. That engine is a Zenoah g320 in a Rampage MT

Yannik69

should have said- redline oil has 7 times less wear on the lower connecting rod than other oil- 927. i use redline 2 cycle oil.- in the rc cars- chain saws motorcycles-- any good motorcycle shop can get this oil for users.-- saying what is best is opening up a pandoras box-- try redline- watch how fast it mixes with gas- in a clear comtainer- castor has issues i cold weather- issues with race gas- castor oil is best used for infants with digestion issues-- lol-- just kidding.

Is it the one you're talking about?

Attachments

• Two-stroke-racing-oil_464.jpeg
    Two-stroke-racing-oil_464.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 0

sunoco

yes, thats the oil i use. and yes g-man - if you run too rich with 927 its a mess.-- 3mm carbon would destroy most of my engines. I run high compression - use 110 octane.-- my squish clearance is 0.020". no room for any carbon build up.

Yannik69

yes, thats the oil i use. and yes g-man - if you run too rich with 927 its a mess.-- 3mm carbon would destroy most of my engines. I run high compression - use 110 octane.-- my squish clearance is 0.020". no room for any carbon build up.

Another guy recommend this brand called: "Amsoil Synthetic 2 Stroke Engine Oil!" Do you know this brand?

Attachments

• Amsoil.jpg
    Amsoil.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 1

sunoco

all these oils are good. -- yes, i have seen amsoil- all types. i am in central washington-- state.- in really cold weather- beware the castor type oils.-- too thick, not stay mixed well in cold. Amazon has decent deals on the redline oil. -- saves running around burning gas in your truck hunting for it----- best bet is a good motorcycle dealer- they can get it also for you.

Yannik69

all these oils are good. -- yes, i have seen amsoil- all types. i am in central washington-- state.- in really cold weather- beware the castor type oils.-- too thick, not stay mixed well in cold. Amazon has decent deals on the redline oil. -- saves running around burning gas in your truck hunting for it----- best bet is a good motorcycle dealer- they can get it also for you.

I Think Amazon As A Grudge Towards Canadians :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: Or Maybe It's Justine "The Feminist" TruDope :sick: (n) Playing God With Our Economy $$$ Like He Did With Our National Anthem, Charter Of Rights & Liberty (Like The US Constitution), Immigration, Refugees, National Security, Etc.... Expensive Oil Below: o_O:LOL:

Redline Oil 2 Stroke.JPG

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.