• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Question on 7075RC parts

amstel78

Do the parts from 7075RC; i.e. bearing carriers come with necessary hardware like machine screws or must I source my own? I'm going to upgrade the bearing carriers on my XB and the screws (I assume) used are coarse-threaded for use in plastic.

G

No. They don't come with screws.

The factory hardware works fine. They are all machine screws and nuts.

amstel78

RCDAD said:
No. They don't come with screws.The factory hardware works fine. They are all machine screws and nuts.
Ah, good to know. Thanks!

amstel78

Is there a lead time on ordering parts or are most of the stuff advertised on the website in stock?

amstel78

So i assume old fart makes pieces to order? I'd like to purchase the bearing carriers, motor plate, and chassis.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

GoffeeRedCat

I don't believe he makes them to order... i think the reason why some waited is because he ran outta stock and he had to send parts out to get anodized. Hes a good guy just shoot him a PM or an email if youre wondering if hes got stock on the parts you want! but im 100% sure hes got them in stock!!!

rampagemt

Maybe I should email him first next time. Would ne nice if he actually said out of stock or something on his site so you know if he has them or has to make them.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Actually he just posted less than a week ago that a big order for his machine shop has kept him busy and he is very low on all of the 7075 parts...better give him a call

Ol' fart

I have front and rear bearing holders and C hubs in good numbers. The rest is a mess.

amstel78

Ol said:
I have front and rear bearing holders and C hubs in good numbers. The rest is a mess.
Do you happen to have a solid motor plate for the XB available?

Here's what I have in my cart:

1. Motor Bearing Housing (Solid)

2. Rear Bearing Holders

3. Front Bearing Holders

4. C-Hubs

5. 22mm x 6mm Ball Bearings

With regards to the 22x6 ball bearings, I understand that I'll need 8 of them for the front and rear bearing holders right?

amstel78

One last question - the HPI wheel adapters state to specify thread size. The option is for 6 or 10mm. What do I need for the latest version of the XB?

amstel78

Well, I ordered everything in my cart except for the bearing plate. That'll have to come later.

With the new wheel bearing carriers though, do I need to run spacers between the bearings or has that problem been solved? I assume I can run the stock wheel hubs without loading up the bearings as well right?

amstel78

That's great. Good to know that the bearings will last.

I already got my shipping notification for the parts I ordered. I can't wait to receive them. :D

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Gaz

i just got my stuff, do i need to use grease or any type of lub on bearings when installing them? 1. Rear Bearing Holders

2. Front Bearing Holders

3. C-Hubs

4. 22mm x 6mm Ball Bearings

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.