• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Question on 7075RC part Lay Shaft Mount

mastergamr

Ok i'm trying to install the Lay Shaft Mount and the holes that i put the grub screws in are to small also the screws that hold it the the chassis are to big. looks like all hole are to small what do i do now :( its weird cuz everything else i've use from him fit good so far. anyone have and thoughts on this????

Last edited by a moderator:

mastergamr

Well i got it in I used the screws that hold the chassis brace cuz 7075rc chassis don't use the brace and had to buy smaller grub screws. Well post pic's when its all togather maybe a video of it running.

Ol' fart

Please show a pic as I'm not aware of any problems with the layshaft mount.

Sergio

I think he is having the same problem with the chassis the holes that hold the lady shaft are too small i had to drill mine cause the screws that hold ladyshaf carrier are a bit bigger than the holes on the chassis

mastergamr

Ok ill take a pic of it this week when i take it apart again to lock tight everything. I'm a newbie so i wanted to fit everything before i lock it down. Hey Sergio i just use the screws that held the chassis brace from my old chassis they worked well didn't have to dill it out? Hey ol'fart I didn't get the two longer screws that hold the diff cover on got 4 shorter ones but not the two long ones hmmm what size are they???? guess i need to buy them:(

Sergio

mastergamr said:
Ok ill take a pic of it this week when i take it apart again to lock tight everything. I'm a newbie so i wanted to fit everything before i lock it down. Hey Sergio i just use the screws that held the chassis brace from my old chassis they worked well didn't have to dill it out? Hey ol'fart I didn't get the two longer screws that hold the diff cover on got 4 shorter ones but not the two long ones hmmm what size are they???? guess i need to buy them:(
Same happened to me with the differential the long screws were missing but he sent me replacements

Ol' fart

????? I checked my inventory of Diff housings and they all have all of the screws they are supposed to have. (22 units).

The ones you are missing are M3x24 If you want I will send you a set. PM me.

Sergio

Knuckles said:
Sorry, drinking to much on vacation. Lol
Nothing wrong with that unless you start running in the neighborhood naked or you are in a restaurant and get up from your table and take a piss on the wall :)

wildstallion

I think I am encountering the same issue with the chassis holes being too smaller the bolts of the stock layshaft. Ol' fart are they designed for compatibility with your CNC layshaft? I'm wondering if you have bigger bearings in yours and consequently you needed to use more narrow/thin bolts?

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong mate?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.