• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Question about three types of batteries?

Yannik

Hi guys,

I have a question related to three types of batteries I have: (Ni-MH, Nicad & Lipo). If I know that I will be a while without using these batteries, what would be the proper measure in order to preserve them? Any suggestions?

As for the battery #1 & #2, I was told to slowly discharge them but I'm not sure if it's the right way!

The 3 Types Of Batteries I Have:

#1) 6V 5000mAh Ni-MH Battery

#2) 9.6V, 700mAh Nicad Battery

#3) 11.1V 3000mAh Lipo Battery

I just bought an iMax B6 Charger in order to charge a new Lipo Battery. I never had this type of battery before so I was wondering when I charge a Lipo, should I always charge it in the balance mode instead of normal mode?

Thanks in advance ;)

Deluge

1. NiMH - You want to do a slow charge on these every now and then to properly maintain them. I've always ran them down as much as I could in the R/C, let them cool off for a bit and slow charge them.

2. Nicad - Same as the NiMH, you want to get them discharged enough to reduce the memory effect they tend to get. Slow charging here, as well.

3. Lipo - Some balance charge every 3-4 cycles, but I balance charge mine every cycle. I also charge at the lowest possible charge rate for the specified pack.

Low and slow is generally how I charge all my packs. I haven't had one fail, yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online