• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Quasimoto Rampage XB build

phreerider

1200+hours, a conservative estimate, thats about 6+ topends with mixed flavor of 2 bolt race ported, prostock, etc.. and they remain with ZERO issues... that says it all

the absolute best , brutally tough! diff boxes, towers and outrigger oversized bearing carriers. grateful for them, beautiful work . a step up far beyond modeling at hobby-grade level to TOOL GRADE level.

yep, somethings you just don't have to worry about.

heres a look...

full bore blow right on the nose ..box remains intact,

chassis%20bent%20front_zpsks9wgnn6.jpg

phreerider

indeed , we dropped the devil off at his place aways back , said he'd had enough after the second pole , it helped him see the light. so yes, hell is all out and we are left with a continous heaven like situation.

and with the chassis set up now, they are going for a long ride

phreerider

designed2survive said:
Pic of the pipe? Interested as I may go with a custom pipe too for my project.
tomorrow looks good for wrench sessions, i'm blamimg it on the wind!

roll%20silo_zpshkmrppsy.jpg

phreerider

here we go,

top is MCD side mount with added down tip stinger and double thick case mount tab

bottom is XB side mount with sectioned head pipe and under mount to chassis

XBMCD%20pipes_zpsnjapryfb.jpg

actually identical chambers , head pipe and piping on XB about 100cc+ in total and fraction more weight.

XBMCD%20CHAMBER%20_zpsl17purvs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

phreerider

MCD side mount, mounted to case . solid no connector, nice tidy down turn bologna cut stinger, very nice Dino!

MCD%20mount%20down%20tip_zpscpavh7ly.jpg

XB side mount, sectioned

XB%20side%20mounte%20_zps4k3nenii.jpg

top MCD

mcd%20top_zps9jhcfyqe.jpg

XB top

XB%20top_zps4yv33wxs.jpg

phreerider

and the stout XB underside chassis mount , super sweet fit

XB%20under%20mount_zpsqyf7bvmi.jpg

XB side mount is flavor of the day and see how we like it.

phreerider

no it does not touch. it did touch with the RMCK pullstart or some combo when i first got it.

in the expansion chamber comparo pics above you can see it is dimpled(in expansion chamber) in at pullstart area where the XB is more round out. it is uniformly clear as gap demos

this may help

IMG_1715_zpssb9c55sc.jpg

and while i'm at it heres a shot of the original stinger tip to see what was changed

jetpro%20on%20obr_zpsubdkp8nr.jpg

designed2survive

The XB one is definitely sturdy. Why did you get the MCD one, just out of curiosity?

phreerider

well, i have had the pipe for some time now. roughly 250 + hours on and the mount tab broke, and wanted the tip reworked Dino took care of it. AND i wanted a SOLID pipe, no connector. this is what i found to be a "universal" pipe since it mounts to the motor case with super tight fit and nothing mounts to chassis. so its as much more motor dependent fit than platform specific (though there are limitations with bodies,chassis, etc)...thats the why, plus the solid pipe is clean, simple finish, ultra low hassle. and was really tired of the hose hack, clamp thing, on my old Dominator cut down.

remember the paddle tire tangent... but thats the story

jetpro%20paddles%20tires_zpsgsqonfcw.jpg

phreerider

the XB is a solid mount! the holes on the mounting tabs are a tiny bit oversized and would like them closer to hardware screws size which is a hair splitting point but OVER TIME ..ALOT of time , movement may come into play , but i added a small crush plastic piece of tubing to close the gap and all was perfect to control movement.

i'm sure it can be thrown on without a worry ...since i KNOW theres a hardware discrepancy i will chase it out, thats just me.

phreerider

got some time with the XB side mount pipe, very crisp sound more so than the similar chambered MCD set up, the extra volume in piping, more stinger length definitely adds into it....maybe its the chilly fall air ! anyway, unit is ripping ultra deluxe. and just enough room behind front trenchers, which i was not a issue but it is close. gonna stick with the XB sidemount for awhile, great pipe for stock XB chassis. Dino delivering some Jetpro magic!

XB%20side%20mounte%20_zps4k3nenii.jpg

phreerider

just found a new WT-813a in a tool bag i had forgttoen about !

looks like thats where we're going...and considering putting the XB gas tank back on, the weight, the look , plus the hoses are already cracked up, found a vent kit in same bag with carb. we'll see how it comes together...may leave tank and do hose swap.

loving the pipe!

phreerider

813 has alot spring tension on throttle arm , stripped servo arm! screw missing did not help either. nice carb , definitely bumps the bottom up quick !

heres the pic, fresh and clean ! this joker will put juice in the hole !

WT%20813%20TC_zpsmwnjeyox.jpg

phreerider

heres some castor spindle swaps i have worked through.

the lot

also in the above image(bottom center) the seasoned CVD with 250+ hours , failure --->axle cup spilt somewhere around the 63rd cartwheel for the day.

REDCAT alloy castor spindle with stock bearings

heres the jump i like the most, Redcat alloy castor with 7075rc spindle with oversized bearings

the real oddball 7075rc castor with redcat spindle, kinda of a tarmac style, light tire set up, light and tight

combinations that work...for the hobbyist. prolly not for the "bolt on consumer"

phreerider

heres a nice look at bearing size of front spindle Redcat alloy v. 7075rc

all business with the size jump.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.