• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Pull start to electric

pantherrilla

has anyone converted their MT from pull to electric start and if so which kit (killer rc/etc) did you use and how long has it lasted before you needed to replace anything

G-Man

I put a Killer rc drill starter on my MT recently. It works great!! The only issue I see with it is the cheap Troybilt drill adapter you need to buy to use his system. The adapter isn't the best quality it seems, so I have two extras in the event it breaks. I use a Milwaukee M18 drill and it has no problems starting the engine. I will leave a link video for you to check out with me using the drill starter. Hope this helps your decision!!

pantherrilla

I put a Killer rc drill starter on my MT recently. It works great!! The only issue I see with it is the cheap Troybilt drill adapter you need to buy to use his system. The adapter isn't the best quality it seems, so I have two extras in the event it breaks. I use a Milwaukee M18 drill and it has no problems starting the engine. I will leave a link video for you to check out with me using the drill starter. Hope this helps your decision!!
Man u the G-man...Thanks for the great video..u got the stock spring on it or the 8k clutch spr

G-Man

Man u the G-man...Thanks for the great video..u got the stock spring on it or the 8k clutch spr
I have a Zenoah g320 engine in there with a Zenoah 6k clutch, 990 carb and a belt drive transmission. The 6k works great with this engine. When I had the stock engine I did try the 8k clutch in it, low end was better but still bogged right off idle. As you can see that Zenoah will spin tire till ya let off the throttle.

pantherrilla

I have a Zenoah g320 engine in there with a Zenoah 6k clutch, 990 carb and a belt drive transmission. The 6k works great with this engine. When I had the stock engine I did try the 8k clutch in it, low end was better but still bogged right off idle. As you can see that Zenoah will spin tire till ya let off the throttle.
oh ok....thanks

Phill

+1 on the 6k spring.
Much easier to drive and easier on the drive train.

Bigpopa64

They sell a electric start on eBay but I can't see how it would fit on a MT cause of the battery box it will fit on the Losi rigs

Dez1402

Where can i order a drill for my rampage mt

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online