• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Pull-Start stops working in sand dunes

Slimneill

Has anyone lese had the same issue? I notice that the pull start no longer works once the motor has been running in sandy locations. it's like the pull start no longer engages the engine and just free spins.

I haven't pulled it apart yet to see what the cause is. I've had it happen before but a few pulls later and it was working again (engaging the motor). But last night after a full tank with no stalls the pull start was toast after a cool down.

Will outer wears fix this issue?

-Dan

Slimneill

Yeah, hardest part was getting the button head hex screw out of the assembly without it stripping. It was in their really tight. The plastic part that moves in and out to engage the motor flywheel was jammed solid in the housing. Had to pry it out. And got it working again, put it back to gather and took it to the beach, stopped working after 10 mins of running in sand. I had to take the pull start assembly off to motor and and ring it out under water, luckily the sand came out otherwise it was going to be a short day.

I need to come up with a way to keep the sand out while letting the air flow to the flywheel!

-Dan

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts