• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Project: Reviving the Baja 5B

designed2survive

Thanks guys! Just had all of those free oval stickers that DDM sends with every order and started with that. At one point I liked the fact that the color pattern fits my build and decided to carry on.

designed2survive

New engine, new design, work in progress!

Started to like the TC cage look and decided to get one. With the new design there is added weight so I decided to get an engine more powerful than the stock G320RC which was more than enough for the old configuration. But with this new configuration I'm going with something different. I also decided to use a steering servo (HS805mg) for throttle. More for braking power than acceleration.

The trusted g320 stock that's being replaced.

image_zpszfu71ge2.jpe

New chassis to accommodate the cage.

image_zpsckytuh6j.jpe

Inner chassis rails.

image_zps58wpcx4e.jpe

Outer chassis rails.

image_zpsrymy5a9r.jpe

Last edited by a moderator:

designed2survive

Using a steering servo for throttle/brake so new bigger mount.

image_zpsndtbtnqq.jpe

image_zps1btisjnj.jpe

With the cage.

image_zpszoymhdbl.jpe

Decided to make my own suspension limiting cables.

image_zpsuh3j1cz9.jpe

designed2survive

Thanks!

I hear you! The constant "do I need it, do I not" is the one that can kill me. For this project it was easy to make a decision with the added weight. Having the G320 actually gave me an idea of what the next engine should be.

phreerider

MAN ! just went through the whole read. the shorty is FULL ON SWEET AZZ unit. how did i miss this!

trench meat THE ONLY tire worth eating ! though the crushers would help out the dreaded DISCONTINUE situation. the rears all the way around, the only way to show up. asphalt/ offroad truly the king of rip and grip!

great work ! that B is supreme and the class I is gonna be deluxe !

man your swimming in awesomeness! sorry i didn't jump in earlier

designed2survive

phreerider said:
MAN ! just went through the whole read. the shorty is FULL ON SWEET AZZ unit. how did i miss this! trench meat THE ONLY tire worth eating ! though the crushers would help out the dreaded DISCONTINUE situation. the rears all the way around, the only way to show up. asphalt/ offroad truly the king of rip and grip!

great work ! that B is supreme and the class I is gonna be deluxe !

man your swimming in awesomeness! sorry i didn't jump in earlier
No worries! Thanks! Love the trenchers! Didn't get to put the crusher through their pace yet!

Ice_2k

Is that the 9.4hp monster? :D Should be a blast!

Btw, in the photo on their website, it does indeed appear with the 1107, you can probably get in touch with them and ask them to change it.

designed2survive

Ice_2k said:
Is that the 9.4hp monster? :D Should be a blast!Btw, in the photo on their website, it does indeed appear with the 1107, you can probably get in touch with them and ask them to change it.
Thanks Ice!

It was the 9.4hp, but according to Sean it's now 9.9hp because of the High Performance BIllet transfers I had them add to it. I've send them an email, waiting for a response.

designed2survive

Project: Reviving the Baja 5B

marathonboats said:
I agree that Btw, in the photo on their website, it does indeed appear with the 1107, you can probably get in touch with them and ask them to change it.]
Sent the 990 back and they replaced it with a 1107.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts