• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Project Racecat

travmess

Hello all im finally ready to show my project wanted to have it close to completion before sharing so here it is. Its a redcat xsc with a woodster body YES I SAID WOODSTER! Lol i fit this body with no trimming with the mods i did. Added hpi 5sc front and rear bumpers with custom fabbed uhmw mounts and skidplates. And uhmw 3/8 round rod for nerf bars for side body support. Heres a list of everything else in it right now will update as new parts get crammed in.

-7075 chassis, front and rear bearing carriers and c-hubs, shock towers, gear plate and hpi wheel adapters

Electronics

-savox SV-0235MG steering servo

-hitec HS-7954SH throttle servo

-killer rc superbee kill switch

-futaba R2104GF reciever with 4pl radio

-mylaps rc4 hybrid transponder

-Lectron 2s lipo 4000mah

Hpi 5b rear star wheels on all four corners

Hostile zero growth soft foams

Hb proto tires

Silverback v2 lipped beadlocks

Nutech tb 2 shocks

Irp quick fueler

Walbro 603 carb on stock motor

Hpi high response clutch shoes with 8k spring

Jetpro side mount pipe

In the works

Obr 30.5 prostock topend with stuffed crank to drop on a spare cy f270 i have

Flm complete driveline

Irp rear camber links and steering turnbuckles

Possibly a phatcats radio tray support

And some redcat alloy bits

Wrap done by thunder designs. Would also like to thank 2cycle hobbies and troy the owner for local support. Along with greg and deadend raceway for putting together an awesome place to race.

Last edited by a moderator:

travmess

Well guys i have decided to convert my racecat truck into the buggy version. Too many broken parts and tired of gettin run over by the losis. Anyone interested in my front and rear bumper setup? Pm me they have been thrrough a couple modifcations but still work great. Have pics of them seperatly if interested

kur

travmess said:
Well guys i have decided to convert my racecat truck into the buggy version. Too many broken parts and tired of gettin run over by the losis. Anyone interested in my front and rear bumper setup? Pm me they have been thrrough a couple modifcations but still work great. Have pics of them seperatly if interested
This may be a dumb question, but how will covering to the buggy stop you from breaking parts?

What parts were you breaking?

G

Probably racing in a different class. The 5ive is huge and heavy. If you get hit by one the outcome is not good.

travmess

That and all the extra weight of the bumpers body and big wheels and tires. Also the huge amount of grip i get running hpi baja buggy rear wheels with hb proto tires keep tearing up driveline parts. And thats just with a stock f270 motor. Rcdad is right those losis r huge makes my redcat look like a 1/8 scale almost lol they pack a big punch too nothing gd comes from getting clobbered by a 40 pound truck.

List of parts ive broken

Several stock diff cups

Several stock cvd outdrive cups

Flm cvd cups

Flm diff cups

Flm ball drive diff cups ( i believe the flm parts where more of bad luck with flawed/ bad heattreat as another local guy has beat the dog snot outa his original flm driveline with zero issues)

A few body mounts

Several a arms

Couple hinge pins

Two stock radio trays and supports

Stock gear plate

Stock laysaft holder

Blew a pinion out yhe side of my rear diff housing

Two stock bodies

a few gd size cracks in a woodster sct body

And last but not least actually managed to bend a 7075 chassis enough u can see it without needing a straight edge

Enough broken parts for u kur? Lol

Ps flm parts are awesome im not bashi g them or jamie in the slightest have some of his parts on my bajas as well think its just a combi ation of bad luck, high grip and too much weight.

Last edited by a moderator:

kur

travmess said:
That and all the extra weight of the bumpers body and big wheels and tires. Also the huge amount of grip i get running hpi baja buggy rear wheels with hb proto tires keep tearing up driveline parts. And thats just with a stock f270 motor. Rcdad is right those losis r huge makes my redcat look like a 1/8 scale almost lol they pack a big punch too nothing gd comes from getting clobbered by a 40 pound truck. List of parts ive broken

Several stock diff cups

Several stock cvd outdrive cups

Flm cvd cups

Flm diff cups

Flm ball drive diff cups ( i believe the flm parts where more of bad luck with flawed/ bad heattreat as another local guy has beat the dog snot outa his original flm driveline with zero issues)

A few body mounts

Several a arms

Couple hinge pins

Two stock radio trays and supports

Stock gear plate

Stock laysaft holder

Blew a pinion out yhe side of my rear diff housing

Two stock bodies

a few gd size cracks in a woodster sct body

And last but not least actually managed to bend a 7075 chassis enough u can see it without needing a straight edge

Enough broken parts for u kur? Lol

Ps flm parts are awesome im not bashi g them or jamie in the slightest have some of his parts on my bajas as well think its just a combi ation of bad luck, high grip and too much weight.
Jeez.. that's actually really absurd.. I probably would have stopped long before you did.

Get a dunerunner and hit them back!

travmess

Lol cant run a dune runner in the same class unfortunatly. May eventually end up with a losi but for now i will continue converting to a buggy and start my hpi baja sprint car build. Jamie from flm really is a great guy has worked with me on the broken driveline parts i actually got the first set of ball drives made to test for him to replace my whole front end that didnt even make it thru powerjam... that we figured out was bad heat treating. He stands behind His EAW policy just as well as kraken does with their stuff for the bajas. Hopefully soon there will be more stuff coming from him ;)

kur

travmess said:
Lol cant run a dune runner in the same class unfortunatly. May eventually end up with a losi but for now i will continue converting to a buggy and start my hpi baja sprint car build. Jamie from flm really is a great guy has worked with me on the broken driveline parts i actually got the first set of ball drives made to test for him to replace my whole front end that didnt even make it thru powerjam... that we figured out was bad heat treating. He stands behind His EAW policy just as well as kraken does with their stuff for the bajas. Hopefully soon there will be more stuff coming from him ;)
Just stick a truck body over the DR and don't tell anybody!

I hear you though.. I really want a losi but the high initial cost means I just can't have one. And finding one used is next to impossible.

But that's why I'm looking at redcat for my first 1/5 scale. To be honest, posts like yours kinda scare me off redcat.. especially if even the aftermarket parts are breaking that often.. I especially surprised you bent a 7075 chassis.. isn't that thing like 10mm thick!?

It's almost enough to push me back to looking at a baja clone.. but I REALLY want 4wd..

Lol anyway, don't mean to hijack your thread or anything.. I hope converting to a buggy works out for you better. From what I've seen on YouTube the XB screams around a track like a raped ape! I also hope flm figures out what to do to make their parts more reliable in the future.

travmess

Well in defense of all the aftermarket parts i beat the crap outa my cars most of the time. They r a long ways from shelf queens lol. To give u another perspective i was one of less than 30 people to ever break a kraken x2 chassis if someone wants somethin tested for durability im the guy lol

travmess

The redcats r great affordable cars that will take alot of abuse but they arent designed to race outa the box im prolly pushing 2 grand if dropped into mine so far and not done yet. And the bent chassis comes from way too many nose first landings

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.