• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Project NEMESIS

tha nemesis

well i don't know much about the motor other then its 9hp on 6s and will out accelerate most gas buggies .. keep in mind .. im taking a kit made for a rovan buggy or 5b and modifying it to fit my redcat mt/tt ..also to have my gears made the quote was about 160.00 for hardened steel machined .. as for the esc .. its the same one used in stock redcat xb-e's like my xb-e ... they are decant but castle creations xl or xl2 esc is a higher 8s and has a couple more tuning options beyond the 10 or so tuning options with the hobby wing esc

tha nemesis

stock xb-e's shreds up yards and throws dirt alot of power .. but this is 2.75 times more hp then a stock redcat mt 30cc engine of 3.5 hp and i think a stock xb-e engine is arond 4 hp .. mine will fly due to its gearing which i will post once i get my quote back .

Cain

Yeah, I am curious how it will workout , the ESC that is with the MT being much heavier than the XB from what I have heard.

Cool project by the way though.

Looking forward to seeing more!

Cain

sorry I should clarify, what i meant is that since the MT is a heavier vehicle and the ESC is basically the same as the XBE one, I am curious to hear how well it can handle the extra weight.

tha nemesis

well these people at my local metal fab shop telling me 36.00 for one gear and 38.00 for the other .. now ..... to drill and shim them would be about 145 ish in labor @ 90.00 per hour .. all i can say is wow ..lol

Ildy666

That sux but it's the price you pay for one off custom build...about 15 years ago i had a local machine shop make some parts for my 250r.i brought the shop the atv magazine and explained what i wanted and also asked would to even worth making or should i just buy from magazine.he told me no way he be more than the magazine so i enlisted his work.well long story short it was twice the price of the magazine and still had to get it chromed which is not cheap either.so moral of the story is yeh your the only guy with that one off part but at what cost????i under stand maching takes.time and.cost alot.for machines and programs but don't quote me price and almost triple it after!!!!!just my 2 cents

tha nemesis

2 gears cain they are standard not metric in there pitch and to 666 i agree .. don't price something then dbl or tripple it .. i understand things come up but be honest .. don't rape the people that put food on ur table

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online