• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Project NEMESIS

tha nemesis

this is a layout of my new chassis in 3/4 inch aluminum .. its 38 inches long x 11 inches at its widest part in the layout .. working on the cantilever layout and bumpers ... this is my tt/mt next to my new layout .. will be brushless and 12 inches of ground clearance ..

tha nemesis

yah .. 4wd and possibly 4 wheel steering .. ran off possibly 2 castle 2028's and the castle xl2 esc .. will take time because it will be cut out with lazers on a c.a.d program and they need to make the program first .. same for the suspension arms .. which are lengthened 3 to 4 inches and will have multiple mount points .. im also having the spur gear made out of aluminum , wheelie bars , bumpers and roll cage .. body will be a grafil 5t or 5t body

tha nemesis

i just noticed that the corners on the template wernt rounded as they will be on my finished product .. at a cost of 200.00 including setup fee i think its a deal .. and thats just the chassis ... the scraps from the sheet will be used to make the arms and other parts .. all stamped with my nemesis logo .. truck should be done in 6 or 7 months .. i want it done by june for my birthday.. link to body .. http://prntscr.com/1ymhvg

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Sounds like a great project.

tha nemesis

well i got my regular size mt/tt and i retrofited a spur gear on it to use as a mock up for my huge project .. looks to be promising

G

Let us know if it actually comes with the Leopard motor. Just curious...

tha nemesis

it will be here on tuesday .. im super stoked .. i winged it and asked if he would take 250.00 with shipping and he agreed and its shipped via ups .. says the package weights 6 pounds .. so im guessing its mostly that leopard motor and all the mounts are aluminum which most of them i wont use .. fits 5b,5t and rovan models .. im having a custom mount made

tha nemesis

i did have to modify the mount that came with the kit to fit my truck .. very solid aluminum .. i only used 4 of the 7 pieces to make my mount .. very simple to put together and the price was very good .. 9hp on the 6s hobbywing 150 amp esc that came with this kit .. i will eventually upgrade the esc to a cc xl or xl2 .. this will be my winter project so summer expect to see vids .. unless i take it ymca gym area .. now ... that motor .. it could possibly be used as a boat anchor if it goes bad .. im guessing it weighs about 3 1/2 to 4 lbs and is way bigger then my stock xb-e motor .

tha nemesis

yah thats the motor and esc i got but i got the brushless conversion kit from rovan r/c and modified it to fit in my mt .. then i had to have gears for the center and for the pinion made .. i like custom ..xd

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts