• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Programmable esc

DreamState

Hi everyone. Do any of the redcat electric RCs have programmable ESCs. I'm wanting to get my 7 year old one but I would like to be able to get one that she can grow with. So something that I can turn down the power while she gets used to it.

DreamState

Well that stinks. The fuel tubing might work but I would rather be able to adjust it in the esc. Thanks for the reply.

DreamState

RampageHopUps said:
Or buy a $40 Flysky radio and have it for when they move up.
A $40 radio has the adjustment on it? If you mean the EPA adjustment, isn't that going to give it full acceleration but with a lower top speed. I want to be able to slow the acceleration and top speed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DreamState

Yeah that's the one I pulled up also. It's amazing how cheap they are. I used to have a couple pretty damn nice ones when I had my MT and my 5B that had graphs for setting the throttle and steering setup but that was all for servos. I'm just not sure how this works with an esc. I'm just not sure how it can be setup so that say, the esc sees 10% when you pull the trigger 25%, the esc sees 20% when you pull the trigger 50%, etc... I'lll dig a little more and if you have any idea it would be appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to help out by the way.

DreamState

DreamState said:
Yeah that's the one I pulled up also. It's amazing how cheap they are. I used to have a couple pretty damn nice ones when I had my MT and my 5B that had graphs for setting the throttle and steering setup but that was all for servos. I'm just not sure how this works with an esc. I'm just not sure how it can be setup so that say, the esc sees 10% when you pull the trigger 25%, the esc sees 20% when you pull the trigger 50%, etc... I'lll dig a little more and if you have any idea it would be appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to help out by the way.
Maybe I'm over thinking it and the EPA is the answer and just limit the transmitter to 25% which should not give the ESC anything more than 25% no matter the trigger position.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.