• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

professional built roll cages for Redcat . . .

G

RazorHobbies said:
Hm i guess there is another project for us to take on. Which Rampage are you wanting the roll cages for and I will have my guy work on some prototypes and see how they look.Never really thought about making roll cages before but we have the equipment so its worth a go at it. ;)
I'm hoping by equipment to make them, you mean a plastic one like the team chase cage. The metal ones get real heavy real fast, even using thin wall chrome Molly. Aluminum tubing bends too easy.

The MT would be a great place to start.

RazorHobbies

Funny Rob. :rolleyes: As much as it would be cool to 3d print it, It would not hold up to impacts.

Nah to see how everything turns out we are going to weld it. I would like to look at all options in material to see about weight as well as durability.

rampage idiot

RazorHobbies said:
Hm i guess there is another project for us to take on. Which Rampage are you wanting the roll cages for and I will have my guy work on some prototypes and see how they look.Never really thought about making roll cages before but we have the equipment so its worth a go at it. ;)
The MT would be a great idea like RCDAD said

rampagemt

Re: professional built roll cages for Redcat . . .

Yes that's would be the best platform and needs it the most IMHO

REVOlutionary Rampage

+1 on the rollcage a monster truck style one perhaps... a chassis to go with it would be something to look at as well. The Redcat chassis does the job, but the chassis seems a little too soft and heavy IMO for a $700+ 25-30 LB truck that can go 30+ mph. Anything to stiffen and lighten it would be appreciated.

F-Fanatic

Personally, I don't see much need for manufactured rollcages. Rollcages is that one thing that anyone with a SMAW welder, some aluminum/steel rods, and a 1/8th inch drill bit could slap together. I look forward to building a few of my own.

G

A cage that supports the body like the 5ive would be sweet. A member here modified a 5ive cage to fit his MT and modified a Woodster Lids body to fit that. It was a sweet build.

If something like a body cage set up was available, I'm sure it would appeal to the masses.

Delcodiesel

I know this is probably a dead thread seeing that it’s almost 10 years later, but I just got my custom roll cage in from a guy in Indiana. It’s made out of steel, weighs in at about 4lbs total, and will fit the body perfectly if you wanted to run it. Going to be painting and mounting it in the next few days or so. He said he would be interested in taking orders if there was enough interest in them.

Attachments

• EA538955-5466-4BB8-9BE8-5FEB11EC4489.jpeg
    EA538955-5466-4BB8-9BE8-5FEB11EC4489.jpeg
    355.8 KB · Views: 18

Kstoerck

I know this is probably a dead thread seeing that it’s almost 10 years later, but I just got my custom roll cage in from a guy in Indiana. It’s made out of steel, weighs in at about 4lbs total, and will fit the body perfectly if you wanted to run it. Going to be painting and mounting it in the next few days or so. He said he would be interested in taking orders if there was enough interest in them.
That is bad ass, how much did that run u?

Phill

Funny Rob. :rolleyes: As much as it would be cool to 3d print it, It would not hold up to impacts.

Nah to see how everything turns out we are going to weld it. I would like to look at all options in material to see about weight as well as durability.

Can you print poly carbonate?
That's tough stuff.

Spaceferret42

Has anyone thought of either building or drawing up a cad file to have built a roll cage out of carbon fiber or 3d printed out of different materials? Asking as I would love to have a more sturdy roll cage for my new chimera sandrail as it broke where the shock mounts in the first run or 2 during break in

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.