• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

problems with my servos

alvarrok

hi how are you everyone ?? yep i had some issues with my scale my servo throttle went crazy and also went off ?? so sad that happened with my scale after my 3 tank one of the servos got stock and i was so disappointed from redcat.com i had to deal with this issues redact call my about this problem but they sent my new part?? but still they don't had any answer about what :confused: :confused:happened with my scale?? and also i have install a new super kill be ?? or any advice from my scale ??

Deluge

The stock servos are crap. If they sent you a new one, it won't be long until that one dies. Upgrade to a Hitec 645 or a 5645 for throttle. How are the steering servos?

Did you install the kill switch? Or do you need helping installing it?

Here are some vids, in case you need help...

Killer RC - Videos

tsudo5th

This happened to me. My throttle servo stuck full open. My Keller bee save me big!!! Trying the 645 now.

alvarrok

Deluge said:
The stock servos are crap. If they sent you a new one, it won't be long until that one dies. Upgrade to a Hitec 645 or a 5645 for throttle. How are the steering servos?Did you install the kill switch? Or do you need helping installing it?

Here are some vids, in case you need help...

Killer RC - Videos
yes i got the kill switch i replaced the stock servo and i got Hitec 645 from ddm website what about the steering servos what kind servos you recommend for my scale ??? what i should get for my scale sorry to bother you :confused:and also why my scale still going with full troutte even i installed the super bee killer switch but still doing the same issue feel so sad i had to deal with this problems i chose want to play with my first scale from redcat?? i have redcat rampage mt pro v3

Deluge

If your steering servos are fine, just run them until they die and then upgrade. Considering the weight of the MT Pro, you'll be better of with two Hitec 5755's. As far as the servo going full throttle, I'm thinking it's your failsafe. You probably had to reverse the throttle channel when you installed the 645, which reversed the failsafe. So, just reset the failsafe and run with a fully charged battery to avoid further issues.

Here's a vid that covers resetting the failsafe. Skip to 1:59.

[ame]

[/ame]

rev9fan1

Well i had a huge crash because i started the engine on my XSC NOT THE RECEIVER, then i turned on my radio, then the receiver and the car took off and crashed so my shit isnt covered by redcat cause i was the idiot that didnt turn the radio then car then engine. So i bought a super bee on top of my fail safe, double condom! This crash cost me 250 dollars, but the question i have is the throttle servo is twitching is this a sign that its because the servo sucks or is it interference. Im seeing on here the servos suck, but my brother also said that the stock radio and receiver sucks and i should get a Spectrum controller.

andyken

rev9fan1 said:
Well i had a huge crash because i started the engine on my XSC NOT THE RECEIVER, then i turned on my radio, then the receiver and the car took off and crashed so my shit isnt covered by redcat cause i was the idiot that didnt turn the radio then car then engine. So i bought a super bee on top of my fail safe, double condom! This crash cost me 250 dollars, but the question i have is the throttle servo is twitching is this a sign that its because the servo sucks or is it interference. Im seeing on here the servos suck, but my brother also said that the stock radio and receiver sucks and i should get a Spectrum controller.
I put the killer b in and my servos started twitching...the closer the killer was to the reciever the worse it got.

Changed the spark plug to NGK and all better!

rev9fan1

well i could have sworn my servo was twitching since day one, but ill try to replace the spark plug and see what happens! thanks

mdknightrider

hi how are you everyone ?? yep i had some issues with my scale my servo throttle went crazy and also went off ?? so sad that happened with my scale after my 3 tank one of the servos got stock and i was so disappointed from redcat.com i had to deal with this issues redact call my about this problem but they sent my new part?? but still they don't had any answer about what :confused: :confused:happened with my scale?? and also i have install a new super kill be ?? or any advice from my scale ??
Yes I had the same issue, and my suggestion, GO ALL OUT AND PUT WATER PROOF SERVOS IN. I say this because I had a similar issue with the throttle sticking on my redcat rampage xt. More than likely water got in your throttle servo and fried it, or tweeked it to where it was unresponsive, so my suggestion GO WATER PROOF THROUGH OUT!

mdknightrider

ABSOLULY YES get a spectrum controller. The DX4C is A 20 DIFFERENT VEHICLE programmable controller, which I have, and it is a very nice radio. Also on the servo issue GO WATER PROOF AND NEVER LOOK BACK. I say that because more than likely you'll run it through a puddle and guess what, TIME TO REPLACE THE SERVOS. Good luck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts