• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Problem with the servo .On 7075rc chassis.

bigblkblazin

Hey , I recieved the chassis and loved it since I got it. There is something i can't figure out. The change you made so the servo is standing up instead of laying down is great . However after putting in the stands for the servo. None of my servos including the stock ones fit . So I had to return to the old style with the plastic. Are slots missing for adjustability? Or am I expected to buy one particular size of servo that is smaller that the stock one ? .The stand up style arrangement in 3/8 of a inch to small for my 805bb and about 1/4 to big for the stock servo .

Your insight would be great .

Ol' fart

It IS set up for one size only. That is the HiTec 5765. I wanted to use the stock mounting holes and the most common servo at the time of design. Bigger servos are a problem because they are larger than the stock mounting holes. I could make servo mounts for most any size but the servo would have to be turned sideways like the stock setup and the drive shaft may be in the way. I could add more holes to mount to, like the setup for the battery tray.

Does the servo you want to use fit in between the stock mounting holes ? if the answer is yes than mounts could be made that will work LMK.

bigblkblazin

The servo mounts are awesome. The holes in the chassis could be slotted to all adjustment. Then you could move and adjust the servo no matter what the size.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts