• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Powerjam 2011 set ups

yknotrc

To all that ran this weekend how about sharing some specifics on what you ran at the race Chassis, engine, pipe, tires, what was stock,what was not ?

As much info as you care to share would be cool! Gear ratios etc. :)

Obeast44

Banned
My suspension was bone stock, with a little added preload in the rear, 6s Zippy lipos, CC1717 motor, 10t pinion, and 7075RCs motor mount. I ran the balls off that car this weekend and she pretty much took it like a champ.

I think Muddy was running stock motor, 813 carb, jet-pro side pipe, 7500 spring, .012 head gasket, gearing looked (i never counted)to be standard 29/31/25/25 buggy gearing, 40wt in the rear shocks and 35wt up front. Im just going off memory here so I could be a little wrong. In the MT class he ran with stock XT wheels, in the buggy class he was running some older MCD RR Evo 3 wheels/tires he got for $25 a full set at LargescaleRC.

Im pretty sure Rob64Ns setup is very similar considering he helped Muddy set everything up on his prior to the Powerjam. They will chime in and correct me if im wrong, that I am sure of! :D

MUDDY76

Obeast44 said:
My suspension was bone stock, with a little added preload in the rear, 6s Zippy lipos, CC1717 motor, 10t pinion, and 7075RCs motor mount. I ran the balls off that car this weekend and she pretty much took it like a champ.
I think Muddy was running stock motor, 813 carb, jet-pro side pipe, 7500 spring, .05thousands head gasket, gearing looked (i never counted)to be standard 29/31/25/25 buggy gearing, 40wt in the rear shocks and 20wt up front. Im just going off memory here so I could be a little wrong. In the MT class he ran with stock XT wheels, in the buggy class he was running some older MCD RR Evo 3 wheels/tires he got for $25 a full set at LargescaleRC.

Im pretty sure Rob64Ns setup is very similar considering he helped Muddy set everything up on his prior to the Powerjam. They will chime in and correct me if im wrong, that I am sure of! :D
pretty close there lead mechanic you hammered it though for the most part thanks

racetruck

My setup was front shocks 20wt rear 35wt with hpi inserts small 12 hole shock pistons front shocks hpi inserts 3 hole pistons 6mm shafts with the upgrade springs stock MT tires 26cc motor stock with cpi big bore pipe modified to fit the MT :D

converted MT

converted the MT to a truggy, stock TT wheels, tuned redcat pipe cut in half and coupled back to take up vibration aand keep it from cracking, steel gear set after the plastic ones melted. 012 head gasket, all dogbones and cvd redone with 5/32 roll pins, 50wt in rear, 40wt in fronts. I was far from being the fastest but the redcat held up for 200 laps where the others didn't and you got to be there at the end.

Zapped

yellowjacket45 said:
converted the MT to a truggy, stock TT wheels, tuned redcat pipe cut in half and coupled back to take up vibration aand keep it from cracking, steel gear set after the plastic ones melted. 012 head gasket, all dogbones and cvd redone with 5/32 roll pins, 50wt in rear, 40wt in fronts. I was far from being the fastest but the redcat held up for 200 laps where the others didn't and you got to be there at the end.
Yellow,could you post a pic of what you did to the redcat pipe? Would not mind seeing it.

Thanks

lateralrectus

Obeast: what spur gear did you use with the new mount? What ESC?

Any temp. problems???

Obeast44

Banned
lateralrectus said:
Obeast: what spur gear did you use with the new mount? What ESC?
Any temp. problems???
I was using the 48t delrin spur, CC1717, stock 10t pinion, the stock ESC and no temp issues without a fan. The only real issue I had was the on/off switch on the ESC screwed up and ended my weekend.

Obeast44

Banned
lateralrectus said:
so that spur gear will come with the new mount? how fast did your car go with that setup?
Fast enough to not be able to use it all on the tracks at Powerjam. Thats about all I can tell ya as I have ran the numbers on it yet. :D

rob64n

Contributor
I'll tell ya how fast it was, he could hit the jump in the middle of the track and land at the end of the track, that's how awesome it is.lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts